Metroplex
Sponsored by

Bourbon Hunting in DFW

12,000 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GarryowenAg
Hooti Hound Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone had much luck in the metroplex? I've found a few spots where you can get allocated every now and then like Lakewood Medallion, but every time I hunt (even in more remote spots) I find nothing!

Just getting frustrated. Even when I do find something, it's not ridiculous. Like Blantons for $150 or something stupid
chick79
AG
I'm a bourbon guy but I have no idea what you're talking about.
ftworthag02
AG
I don't know what you're talking about also. Which ones are you looking for? My bourbons are Elijah Craig , 1792, woodford, Buffalo trace, and old forester. My guy at specs gets me Blantons, weller antique, etc
Matsui
AG
Total wine in ft Worth has a ton of bourbon. What are you needing? Maybe try calling around.
FincAg
AG
Pogo's off Lovers and Inwood, ask to be on their call list.
Ol Army 01
AG
If you go into the more unsavory areas around various industrial parks, think Harry Hines and Northwest Highway, you can go into the lower end stores and find older bottles (still dusty). They will have old pricing and often they are marked down to clear shelf space; since they are well above the daily clientele price point.

Older Non Chain Stores - Happy Hunting
East Dallas Ag
AG
There are several Facebook groups for DFW area hunting, can give you the heads up when various places get allocations. Total Wine puts most of their standard allocations out for 1st come/1st served, as does Specs Dallas. Follow Tilted Bottle on Instagram for notifications of daily deliveries, but you have to go stand in line with the masses. At smaller Specs you can get on a call list. It helps to get to know the spirits guy or manager at your favorite store and loyalty plays a factor as well. Goody Goody has moved to full lottery system for allocations, you have to enter in store for the standard stuff, and online for the high-end stuff.

As for any hidden gems stores, I am sure there are a few out there, probably in more remote/outlying areas, but there is so much competition for this stuff DFW is a hard place to just walk-in and get lucky.
army01
AG
Matsui said:

Total wine in ft Worth has a ton of bourbon. What are you needing? Maybe try calling around.

TW in FW suuuuuuucks for anything allocated.
Matsui
AG
Ah okay got it. Not sure what he was looking for.
proc
AG
Honestly, my hunting in DFW is usually disappointing. There is a DFW group on Facebook, but so far it's more about showing off than giving out good intel. I get my stuff through one or two Mom and Pop stores, and the app Wine Searcher. Most of my good finds come through that app now. I have found stores in Michigan, Rhode Island, and California that will ship to my door.

Happy hunting.
GarryowenAg
AG
Care to share these websites?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.