Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dog Training in FW/Dallas Area

1,267 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by musicforall
EngrAg14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy all,

I'm looking for recommendations on a dog trainer in the metroplex area to help with my dogs sudden onset of aggressive behaviors.
He's begun to jump on people, bite and snip at people or other dogs when being bothered by them and just general behaviors that I'm afraid may lead to worse incidents if not fixed now.

He's 4 years old and a Collie for reference.
FightinTAC08
AG
Hilton Butler out in Farmersville.

We've used him for a Golden about 8 years ago and earlier this year for a German Shepherd puppy. He has various programs available and for some of the programs he will follow-up via Zoom or come to your house.

https://www.hiltonbutler.com/
2aggiesmom
Stephanie Berney at www.walkoflifedogtraining.com is excellent. She is located in the metroplex. She will come to your house. I have used her several times with our puppies, Nemo and Spice. They are Australian Shepherds.
aggiespartan
AG
We go to All Fur Fun dog training. We are doing sports classes but they have aggression/reactive dog classes too.

Edit to say it's in Addison
Rip Ford
AG
Off Leash K-9 training in Lewisville.
AlphaBean
AG
For a sudden change in behavior your vet is the first stop.
FWAppraiser
AG
We took our great dane to All Dogs Unleashed in Carrollton while on vacation a couple of years ago. They emailed us daily with pictures and updates. When we got back, the transformation in behavior and obedience was incredible. Planning to do the same with our bulldog this summer.
OldAg93
AG
Keith at Beyond K9 in Plano worked miracles with our out of control chocolate lab rescue. He takes them in-house for 2-3 weeks and then does a few follow-up visits to make sure that things are sticking. A big chunk of this is training the owners. Highly recommend.

http://www.beyondk9.com/
Ol Jock 99
AG
watchlist post
musicforall
Start with the vet, and have them also check teeth while they are looking for things like thyroid, diabetes. You would be surprised what a toothache from a rotten or broken tooth will do to a dog (or cat).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.