Metroplex
Sponsored by

Collin County Covid Vaccine List

3,031 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
collincountytx.gov

Opened today. Signed my 80 year old dad up and he's 2300 in line.
Garrelli 5000
AG
So much smarter than the slap-richards in Louisiana.

They selected 100 pharmacies to receive vaccines. The public only knew that they would announce them yesterday but no clear indicator of time. They put the list online at approximately 10am.

For my in-laws, my wife and I placed hundreds of calls each to busy pharmacy #'s to slowly be told when we finally got through "sorry, our list of recipients is full".

S*** show.
Take the trash out staff.
Carlo4
AG
Thanks for posting, Danny!

My parents are filling out the paperwork online now and are thrilled.
BSpencer00
AG
Keep in mind that this sign-up list is ONLY for the allocation that the Collin County Health Department directly gets. They did not get any allocation this week (week 4) or last week (week 3). They got 1000 doses in week 2. They very well may be on the allocation list next week or maybe not.

If I were on Tier 1B, I would still be looking for other sources and other wait lists. From my inside knowledge on the Collin-Fannin County Medical Society, I will say that the Tier 1A demand is going down. Therefore, you may start seeing things open up at the pharmacies in the near future.

Unfortunately, this distribution rollout has been bumbled from the start with the state giving little to no direction to the vaccine sites on how they are supposed to be getting these vaccines to people on Tier 1A. If you really want the vaccine, I would suggest being highly proactive in seeking it.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
380Ag
AG
I know people that were able to get vaccinated in Denton County with no problems. Might be a good option.
walton91
Thanks for the heads up. My folks signed up today and are in the 28k range. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to them
TPS Reports
AG
13,707 here!
cc_ag92
AG
That's exactly the way it works here.
Collin County has a list that doesn't involve coordination of vaccines available at private businesses which is where the majority of the vaccines are located.
OldAg93
AG
BSpencer00 said:

Keep in mind that this sign-up list is ONLY for the allocation that the Collin County Health Department directly gets. They did not get any allocation this week (week 4) or last week (week 3). They got 1000 doses in week 2. They very well may be on the allocation list next week or maybe not.

If I were on Tier 1B, I would still be looking for other sources and other wait lists. From my inside knowledge on the Collin-Fannin County Medical Society, I will say that the Tier 1A demand is going down. Therefore, you may start seeing things open up at the pharmacies in the near future.

Unfortunately, this distribution rollout has been bumbled from the start with the state giving little to no direction to the vaccine sites on how they are supposed to be getting these vaccines to people on Tier 1A. If you really want the vaccine, I would suggest being highly proactive in seeking it.

So true. My mom signed up on Tuesday and was #27,903 on the list. She called a couple of pharmacies in McKinney and will get her first round tomorrow at 1:00 at the Market Street pharmacy. Some of her neighbors got vaccines as walk-ins at the Brookshires in Celina on Monday. Def pays to call around.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Slow start but seems like they are about to get cranking

www.wfaa.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/collin-county-nearly-7000-covid-19-vaccines-from-state-judge-chris-hill-next-week/287-00f84201-c492-433b-bdd3-f345eeb57b70
TPS Reports
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Slow start but seems like they are about to get cranking

www.wfaa.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/collin-county-nearly-7000-covid-19-vaccines-from-state-judge-chris-hill-next-week/287-00f84201-c492-433b-bdd3-f345eeb57b70
Thanks. Good to hear this.
bert harbinson
AG
On the wait list, it's up to about 110,000 now.
The county is requesting 10,000 doses immediately, then 14,000 and 42,000 for the weeks of the 18th and 25th. Can't see that happening but let's hope so.
2wealfth Man
AG
Let's get this stuff out there and get to herd immunity as quickly as possible.
wbt5845
AG
As I'm sure has been said, 1B's should get on as many lists as possible. The state sends vaccine to the locations that distribute it the most efficiently. So places like Arlington are getting a disproportionate share of available doses.

Places like Collin County, which were behind on ramping up distribution through mega centers, will probably be perpetually behind the other urban/suburban counties as a result.
TPS Reports
AG
I am on Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton.

What's not clear to me is if Tarrant is requiring county residence. There have been conflicting reports and no mention of it on the registration form when I filled it out. An article I read yesterday said they're vaccinating residents from a list of 10 counties which excluded Dallas, Collin and Denton. And wasn't clear if that was only for any new mega hubs that were stood up or across all the sites the county is operating.
Old Tom Morris
My Dad is in Collin and is on all 4 lists. He's high on the Collin list (top 5000), and he'd already signed up for Tarrant on Dec 31 and they responded confirming on Jan 1. Then he got a call from Tarrant on Thursday that he'd been assigned to THR and they should be contacting him within a week to schedule his appointment and THR clinic location. So I'm thinking maybe they are screening future signups, but letting those that signed up earlier through. Or maybe it is driving where they are assigning people.
culdeus
AG
My understanding is Tarrant is doing 1a from basically anywhere nearby, but will not do 1b from Dallas/Collin and perhaps Denton, but I hadn't heard that.

They are sending scheduling updates when you get to a certain point in the list, but they will check your residency and status when it comes time to send a link out.
cc_ag92
AG
We're 1B in Collin and received calls, texts, emails from Tarrant (edited for clarity) for a Friday appointment last Thursday. We cancelled it because we already received our first vaccine, so I don't know for sure they would have given it to us Friday, but it seems like they would have.
Old Tom Morris
I assume you mean an appointment for Tarrant, not Collin?
TPS Reports
AG
cc_ag92 said:

We're 1B in Collin and received calls, texts, emails for a Friday appointment last Thursday. We cancelled it because we already received our first vaccine, so I don't know for sure they would have given it to us Friday, but it seems like they would have.
Where were you in the line? I'm in the 13,000 range.
TPS Reports
AG
culdeus said:

My understanding is Tarrant is doing 1a from basically anywhere nearby, but will not do 1b from Dallas/Collin and perhaps Denton, but I hadn't heard that.

They are sending scheduling updates when you get to a certain point in the list, but they will check your residency and status when it comes time to send a link out.

cc_ag92
AG
Yes, you're right. I'll edit to make that clear.
cc_ag92
AG
We only received the 1200 calls from Collin right after we registered. I meant Tarrant in my post above. I'm not actually sure what number we are on the Collin list. I didn't pay attention to that when registering, unfortunately.
duck79
AG
My parents are 6,800 and 7,700 in Collin and haven't heard or been able to find it anywhere yet.
DannyDuberstein
AG
My dad is 2300 and is now scheduled fo get it on Saturday via Collin County. Tarrant came thru with an email on the same day, but we declined that one.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
On those signup list they all ask the question 1. What is your race 2. Are you Hispanic, Y or N

What would that have to do with getting a Covid-19 vaccination?

I understand priority to healthcare workers and over 65 but why would your race and heritage have to do with it?

I saw a lady government worker on TV saying they were trying hard to find the "underserved". What is an "underserved" person. How can you join the ranks of the "underserved""?

TPS Reports
AG
It doesn't have anything to do with getting the vaccine.

It has everything to do with being able to track and report on who got it. Just like an employment application.

Understanding how the disease affects different racial and ethnic groups and by extension, how the vaccines are adopted - or not adopted - by those groups, or across age groups, or geographically, is all part of developing analytics that inform strategies and public health initiatives.
Old Tom Morris
I'm not as confident that Dallas County won't find some way to use this information to prioritize. They just tried to exclude predominantly white zip codes. The state slapped them down, but they are not going to give up finding some sort of approach.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
McKinney Ag said:

How do you know that? Source?

btw you work in HR?
TPS Reports
AG
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

McKinney Ag said:

How do you know that? Source?

btw you work in HR?

Give it a rest Joe. My source is common sense...give it a try sometime. And your insinuation about working in HR says a lot more about you than the answer I gave.
Old Tom Morris
I think it's naive to say it wont be used when Dallas Co Commissioners literally just prioritized black zip codes over white with that being their outwardly expressed intent. They may not ever use it, but Dallas has made it clear that won't be from a lack of desire to do so
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.