Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dallas County - Covid Vax List

3,354 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Robert C. Christian
culdeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.dallascounty.org/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination.php

Currently registering 1A/1B
culdeus
AG
Got a notification today they had 100k sign up and have just 6k a week for now to administer. neat.
Post removed:
by user
AggieFrog
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

My parents got theirs in East Texas over a week ago. Got to love Dallas County.

Not just Dallas. Tarrant is the same. But the logistics are just a bit tougher in the nation's 4th largest metro vs a rural area.
wangus12
AG
Our clinic in Dallas got vaccines from Frisco. Dallas Co. is a mess
Ol Jock 99
AG
culdeus said:

Got a notification today they had 100k sign up and have just 6k a week for now to administer. neat.
This week. Expecting more soon.

Bell County, which I suppose in a medium sized county, has been a cluster too.
Ol Jock 99
AG
wangus12 said:

That's because folks up there would rather go with Tractor Supply Dewormer because the vax has the Billy Gate demon chip in it.
culdeus
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

wangus12 said:

That's because folks up there would rather go with Tractor Supply Dewormer because the vax has the Billy Gate demon chip in it.
It's good they've moved on from fish tank chemicals.
CampingAg
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

My parents got theirs in East Texas over a week ago. Got to love Dallas County big city government anywhere. FIFY
Old Tom Morris
Speaking of big city incompetence, Dallas had to go to walk-up because their appointment system got "hacked", which as explained by the genius Clay Jenkins, merely involved someone receiving an email with a link to make an appointment sharing said email with others. Awesome system
Robert C. Christian
AG
Was the sign up code "TCU15"?
rebag00
AG
Dallas County leaders rescind ZIP code vaccine plan after state threatens to cut dose allocation | wfaa.com

Well at least they didn't get Dallas County's vaccine program canceled. These ****ing idiots shouldn't be allowed to run a Malone's Cost Plus, much less the county. I know I am late to this, but its time to start looking for someplace outside Dallas county.
Old Tom Morris
I heard Jenkins hinting at that moronic zip code idea in the same interview that he explained their website "hack" idiocy. It's an appalling idea to exclude citizens based on where they live and I'm glad the state bich-slapped these clowns.
Old Tom Morris
He abstained vs voting against, so while he may have been against it in principle, he was not quite enough to formally log his opposition
bcasey03
AG
Guess who they wanted to exclude.
Ark03
AG
We live in Denton County, where my wife is a school nurse. She's been unable to get a vaccine, despite being categorized as 1A. She started trying to sign up in Denton County (which just had a phone registration system they would open for brief windows then close as they ran out of slots), then when that failed she subsequently registered in Dallas, Tarrant, and then with a couple of other organizations.

It's frustrating to no end to hear of acquaintances who get a call inviting them to show up to get their vaccine at Southwestern or other locations, just because they happen to be a patient of a doctor there. Because she tried to follow the process in our county, she's at the bottom of the list behind the rest of 1B, which includes everyone over age 65 and everyone over age 16 with a chronic condition.
rebag00
AG
I go to Fair Park every weekday morning. This week, Tuesday and Wednesday - crazy lines all the way back up Cullum past Fitzhugh and down Fitzhugh quite away (The corner where Starplex is). This morning - no line at all. They had already moved the cars they had into Fair Park through gate 5. It appeared there were fewer cars in the lot, leading me to think there may have been fewer appointments and fewer vaccines today. The number of slots per day looks like it may vary.

If I was in 1a or 1b or had a relative who was, I would register through Dallas County. I know folks from Kaufman and Ellis counties who have done that and a couple have already received their first vaccine.
AggieFrog
AG
My wife's a middle school nurse (1200 kids) and had no luck through Tarrant County. She finally got it last week because a local doctor's office offered it to all the school nurses in the district.

Still strange to see who they choose and don't. Both of my in-laws have chronic conditions and registered the same day - one got it last week and the other is still waiting. Yet I know healthy folks in their 30s with just asthma who got it 2 weeks ago.
Texas Ag Mom
I registered w/Dls Cty before they announced the Fair Park site. I am in the first 100k group & I have been patiently waiting to be notified. I also registered w/UTSW. Their current guidelines are you must be registered w/My Chart, you must have seen a UTSW within the last 3 yrs, & you must be 1A or 1B. I got an appt 5 days after registering for a vaccine. I went to Market Hall tonight. The whole process was 30 min total. I am in the 1B group so while I was there I asked if they were giving vaccines to caregivers. Hubs is a current patient at UTSW but they would not vaccinate him tonight. I sure hope none of those Pfizer vaccines went in the trash tonight since there were caregivers there that would have gladly accepted the shot. Good luck everybody!
ItsA&InotA&M
I registered for the vaccine several weeks ago with Dallas County Health. On Monday (2/1) at 5:00pm I received an email telling me my first shot was the next day. I showed up at fair park 45 minutes before my appointment time. The entire process was breeze.

No line to get into fair park.
Ten minutes sitting in vehicle filling out paperwork they gave me.
When finished with the paperwork, I hopped on a golf cart for a ride to the vaccine building.
At the door, they took my temperature and told me which row to sit.
Guy came by and gave me my vaccination card Andy a few more instructions.
I sat for maybe five minutes when my part of the row was asked to move forward. A few minutes later, I received my shot.
I then went to the observation room for 15 minutes.
Afterwards, I walked outside, got on another golf cart for a ride to my pickup.
The entire process, including the observation room took less than 40 minutes.
It was a good experience.

Note, effective today, they changed the system so it that will not allow anyone without a reservation into the park.
I say this because no one checked my paperwork to see if I had a reservation or was there at the correct time.

Additionally, I had no major side effects from the shot.

Robert C. Christian
AG
Thanks for the feedback. Just curious, when did you register and what was your classification (1a or 1b)?

Trying to figure out how close wife is getting.
ItsA&InotA&M
Robert C. Christian said:

Thanks for the feedback. Just curious, when did you register and what was your classification (1a or 1b)?

I'm not sure exactly when I registered but it was maybe three weeks ago. I am in 1B.
Robert C. Christian
AG
ItsA&InotA&M said:

I'm not sure exactly when I registered but it was maybe three weeks ago. I am in 1B.

Thanks! Wife falls in 1b and registered early last week. Hopefully a few more weeks till her turn.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'll admit I'm a light, but legit, 1B, but I registered early and still nada.
ItsA&InotA&M
Ol Jock 99 said:

I'll admit I'm a light, but legit, 1B, but I registered early and still nada.

If Dallas County, reregister. They have had numerous problems with their system.
Ark03
AG

In the counties I've researched (Dallas, Tarrant, Denton) 1a vs 1b didn't matter - they all just go straight down the list. And, it seems none of the county registration systems care where you live, so you can sign up for several, then go to the first one that pops up.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Ark03 said:

In the counties I've researched (Dallas, Tarrant, Denton) 1a vs 1b didn't matter - they all just go straight down the list. And, it seems none of the county registration systems care where you live, so you can sign up for several, then go to the first one that pops up.

Yeah, she has signed up multiple counties and waitlists. Was interested in how long his wait was.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.