Metroplex
Sponsored by

Tarrant County - Covid Vax List

11,092 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Hincemm
Wes97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Cancel so they can give the spot to someone else sooner as well as better manage that day's thawed doses. Not to be an ass, but why would this be a question?

Working thru these extremely long signups is already a painstakingly slow process (Tarrant has 650k signed up), and people being signed up in multiple places yet not canceling once getting it elsewhere don't exactly help the situation

Well as I explained earlier that they never gave her a registration ID l, so that link doesn't help much. She had already tried calling and emailing to cancel with no luck.

Luckily someone on texags reached out this morning and helped me find a way to get that registration ID so we were able to get her canceled.

So texags comes through again..
Old Tom Morris
I don't think that was a smartass response and the guy provided a link that others found useful. I'm sure he just didn't see the registration ID post from weeks ago in a thread with 3 pages of posts. It's a legit observation about no shows.
Wes97
AG
I don't want to start a whole thing about it. This texags board has been a lot of help related to this whole process, The Austin board actually put me onto the HEB sign up. We had been trying to contact the Tarrant County people for a while with no luck. So it isn't like we were just lazily taking up space.

This is a online message board so it is easy to throw out accusations without all the facts. Maybe keep the value judgements in reserve when you don't know all of the details is all that I am saying. I'm sure he was just trying to help so maybe my smart ass comment was over the top as well. i will delete that..
DannyDuberstein
AG
You asked whether you should cancel or no show. Your post about the registration ID trouble was well over a month ago and they have contacted her since, and since you didn't mention you were having trouble canceling, I asked why you wouldn't and provided a link that I thought might help with the facts I knew. When I put the "not trying to be an ass", I meant it. It was an actual question which you have now answered, and I actually was trying to be helpful with the link.

And my comment about no shows is just a general observation. Given many people have signed up with all 4 main DFW counties health depts + other random places + the feds now showing up , managing thru no shows is going to be a challenge. So hopefully people will be diligent about canceling, but I also understand if the process makes it difficult. These places can help themselves by making it easier
Wes97
AG
No problem. Context often doesn't come through over the internet. No harm, no foul. She was able to get her shot and I was finally able to get the information needed to access her account & in this case get her appointment cancelled,

Tarrant County probably made a few mistakes early on, but it sounds like they are now handling this better than many other places are dealing with this process. So good for them.
2aggiesmom
DannyDuberstein said:

Tarrant makes it easy to delete yourself (do status check but then check the option to be removed)

https://tcph.quickbase.com/db/bq6bkrnsh?a=nwr&nextURLDashboard=%2Fdb%2Fbq3q4uet8%3Fa%3Dshowpage%26pageid%3D5

Although if she's been assigned to a provider, she may have to cancel with them too when they attempt to schedule it

Tarrant makes it easy IF you got a registration number which the people that signed up earlier did not get. If they did not give you a number to use on the check status page that page is useless. I both messaged and emailed Tarrant County to get that number and received zero response. After my husband I were vaccinated elsewhere I also messaged and emailed the Tarrant site and asked to be deleted. This week I was notified to be patient as they were working through list, so obviously they ignored both instant message and email. Both my husband who has a bovine aortic valve, and a mechanical mitral valve, and I signed up Jan10th. A neighbor who signed up on Jan 6 got her shot a month ago.
752bro4
AG
Dallas county sending a bunch of appointments for 1C's today for tomorrow
2aggiesmom
My son and daughter-in-law received their vaccines yesterday at Fair Park in Dallas. They live in one of the priority zip codes. They got J&J.
culdeus
AG
Seems like the game plan is simply drive 2 hours in any direction from DFW and you can get a shot provided you have a pulse. The state keeps pouring doses into non urban areas where it's in nearly no demand.
Aries
Curious question since I work at a cancer clinic.....anyone know of any cancer patients that need/want to be vaccinated??
SuzyQ06
Aries - I might.

Checking now.
SuzyQ06
Check your email Aries.
Aries
Aries
We could be getting up to 1500 vaccines at my work this week. Once I get confirmation, I will post our sign up link to get an appointment. It will be a drive through & please give us patience!
Aries
https://go.oncehub.com/ModernaCOVIDVACCINETXCC

DonaldFDraper
AG
Thanks for posting!

My wife and I would be considered very low risk (Early 30s, no underlining, healthy, work from home full time, both had Covid in March 2020) so I would hate to "jump the line" from any one who needs/wants it more.

We live down the street. Is it possible to get add to a stand by list if there are doses that will go unused?

Or should we go ahead and register because there is plenty of supply?
TPS Reports
AG
Aries
Please go ahead & sign up, Again, grant us patience! We are trying to do our part to get vaccines distributed.
Aries
We received the 1000 from the county today. So please sign up! We want to get people vaccinated!!

We have opened it up for Thursday & Friday. We are considering a Saturday clinic as well.
SoCerFrek
Is this open to anyone or just the named phases with restrictions?
Aries
Let's just say we aren't doing any screenings.

We are also contacting local ISDs to get teachers vaccinated. If anyone works for an ISD around here, please feel free & pass along the sign up.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
FYI. Tarrant County shots taking over two hours today. Plan accordingly. I say two hours. Still in line.
Aries
Yikes. I know all of our appointments are booked. I'm on PTO today but have been told we are running smoothly.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Aries said:

Yikes. I know all of our appointments are booked. I'm on PTO today but have been told we are running smoothly.

Clarify this was the Euless location.
ftworthag02
AG
Currently in line at hurst (tcc ne). There's a long line on harwood waiting to turn into tcc lot and then there's 6 rows that snake through lot and then you cross back over harwood to garage. So far been here for 25mins

My first shot was at farrington field 3 Saturday's ago and it took 15mins. It was drive thru and fema
ftworthag02
AG
Just got the shot 1:50
Hincemm
AG
Great operation Aries. Arrived at 410 for a 420 appt. Had my shot by 414 and zoomed out of the parking lot by 429.

Not sure I saw you but your folks were great.
Aries
Great to hear, Hincemm! I was not out there today. We are about to roll out a new EMR system so my focus has changed to that. I do check on everything from the inside & pop out when I can.

We worked really hard to ensure that our process was as smooth as possible. Thank you for feedback. Keeping getting vaccinated!!!
Aries
We have extras! Come.on over!
aggiesherpa
AG
I was able to score an appointment next week at Texas motor speedway. Has anyone gotten their vaccine there? Any idea of the wait times?
Hincemm
AG
i've heard anecdotally that it's 30 minutes in and out...good luck

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.