Metroplex
Sponsored by

the #1 cop in Dallas, the #1 cop, the commissioner, chief of police...

2,123 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WC87
walton91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eddie Garcia
Ol Jock 99
AG
May he be very successful at his extremely difficult job.
Chewy
AG
Obligatory - you think he likes his gig?
TSUAggie
Set up for failure. Dallas is lost and can't be fixed. I feel like most of these candidates that applied for this job know that and just hope to get paid before getting set for life through the city's retirement.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, this is an odd situation where he retired already. It does feel like a "hey, I'll take a crack at this for a few years and if it doesn't work out, whatevs" situation.

What Dallas needs is more cops on the streets and a DA that will actually prosecute crimes. Absent that, nothing changes.
YouBet
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, this is an odd situation where he retired already. It does feel like a "hey, I'll take a crack at this for a few years and if it doesn't work out, whatevs" situation.

What Dallas needs is more cops on the streets and a DA that will actually prosecute crimes. Absent that, nothing changes.
Agreed. Commented elsewhere that he's probably already a multi-millionaire with California's ridiculous pension system. Not sure if he needs the money but really hoping he can at least stabilize things after the last incompetent boob we had.
JDL 96
I hope he kicks arse. Hopefully they picked the best candidate to enforce the laws and lead the department. But - with the track record of the Dallas council and leadership, its hard not to be skeptical.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's got about 3100 cops when a city this size needs closer to 4000 based on typical ratios and where they used to be staffed (employed 3700 about 10 years ago). Renee Hall was a joke, so I expect to see some improvement in effectiveness. But only so much can be done that shorthanded
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Chewy said:

Obligatory - you think he likes his gig?
I don't think I understand your question.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Cappo
ftworthag02
AG
https://www.theunticket.com/do-you-like-this-gig-greggo/
nortex97
AG
Desperately needs to lobby for more manpower/funds. Dallas had a great chief not too long ago before the idiot was anointed. Historically, DPD has had good community relations but the cuts have made it tough/impossible of course.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Dallas wants all Dallas cops to go through the Dallas Academy. I'm not sure if that is city law, but it is practice. Which means we aren't going to San Fran/LA/NYC/Austin to recruit experienced cops; a 10 year cop isn't going back to the Academy. But other cities are perfectly happy poaching Dallas trained officers.

Maybe the new chief will change that, assuming he can. But we aren't fixing the manpower issue via the Academy.
WC87
AG
do you like being Chief of Police
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.