Metroplex
Sponsored by

Cowboys Golf Club vs. Texas Rangers Golf Club

1,546 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by NomadicAggie
NomadicAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for opinions on both. Which is better? Why?

FYI, I have played the Cowboys course, but not the Rangers and wondering if I should give it a shot.

Thanks!!!
752bro4
AG
Cowboys and it's not that close

Is the clubhouse ready yet at Rangers? It wasn't when I played in June. Overall, the Cowboys course is significantly nicer, the food at the turn after hole 8 (get the sausage), and the clubhouse are all superior to what Rangers offered, at similar prices.
TMACsDaMan
Isn't Rangers just Ditto?
GrapevineAg 1998
AG
Is the Rangers golf club the old Ditto muni course? Used to play that course quite a bit when I was trying to learn how to play. I haven't played Cowboys yet, but I can't imagine the Rangers course coming close without a significant overhaul.
Squirrel Master
AG
There was a significant overhaul, and Rangers is quite nice, but yeah Cowboys is better. But they aren't really in the same price range are they? I played Rangers for around 80 and I thought Cowboys went for around 150?
DFWTLR
AG
I think Cowboys is closer to $200. The Rangers course has been great the few times I've played, awesome layout etc, but the clubhouse hadn't opened yet. It's fun, but not Cowboys. For the price I don't think you can best Texas Star locally.
DallasAggie89
AG
The answer is always Waterchase.
NomadicAggie
AG
Thanks for the replies!

I looked at the Waterchase website. I haven't played there yet, but it looks like a great spot. I assume you all would take Waterchase over both the Cowboys and Rangers courses?

Appreciate the feedback. New to the area and not a member of a club yet, so just looking for good places to play and maybe take a client out to as well.
'03ag
Haven't played Rangers or Cowboys, but Waterchase is a great track. The water part of the name is no joke. Lost many balls.
'03ag
GrapevineAg 1998 said:

Is the Rangers golf club the old Ditto muni course? Used to play that course quite a bit when I was trying to learn how to play. I haven't played Cowboys yet, but I can't imagine the Rangers course coming close without a significant overhaul.
It was a MAJOR overhaul. Looks fantastic.
Ag CPA
AG
Was Cowboys (or parts of it) originally part of Grapevine Municipal? It seems like I remember that being the case when it first opened but now I am second guessing that.
'03ag
It was not
DFWTLR
AG
NomadicAggie said:

Thanks for the replies!

I looked at the Waterchase website. I haven't played there yet, but it looks like a great spot. I assume you all would take Waterchase over both the Cowboys and Rangers courses?

Appreciate the feedback. New to the area and not a member of a club yet, so just looking for good places to play and maybe take a client out to as well.

Just depends on what part of town and budget, but if you're looking at Cowboys then budget doesn't seem to be an issue. Lots of great courses to play, just ask and you won't have a shortage of recommendations!
NomadicAggie
AG
Great, thank you.

So would you all play Waterchase over Rangers?
DallasAggie89
AG
NomadicAggie said:

Great, thank you.

So would you all play Waterchase over Rangers?

I would
NomadicAggie
AG
So I apologize for all the questions, but have a buddy coming in from out of town and we'd like to play on Wednesday. The courses under consideration:

1. Waterchase
2. Texas Star
3. Texas Rangers course

I've played the Cowboys course and loved it, but it's closed all day on Wednesday for tournaments.

Is that the order you'd rank the choices? Green fees are not an issue, just want to play a nice course.

Thanks again!
DFWTLR
AG
That's how I'd have them,.Rangers is a great course but if the clubhouse isn't open I'd do one of the other ones.
Squirrel Master
AG
You can't go wrong with any of those. Personally, I'd put Waterchase 3rd on that list. But all great courses. I don't really care about a clubhouse being open or not.
NomadicAggie
AG
So as a follow up, we played Waterchase yesterday. Cowboys and Texas Star both closed due to hosting tournaments.

The pros of Waterchase: The course was in awesome shape. The fairways were well maintained and played well. The greens might be some of the best I have played anywhere in a long time. Seriously, the greens were phenomenal.

The cons: Some fairway bunkers need some work, but nothing terrible. Not in a great part of town, and the scenery around the course leaves a lot to be desired. The clubhouse is a trailer on the site. Nice folks, very helpful. Felt like the course is on/around an old oil/gas field.

I would definitely play the course again. As I said, the course itself was in great shape. Driving up to it, I had low expectations and was blown away.

Thanks for everyone's input ahead of time. Much appreciated.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.