Metroplex
Sponsored by

Ft Worth Rodeo Cancelled

2,474 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rubble
JR Ewingford
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unbelievable Already cancelled for 2021. What's better is Dickies sent out bills to premium ticket holders about 2 weeks ago asking for payment, sounds shady to me.
TexasAggie008
AG
Ridiculous....May as well just let Clay run both counties
Proposition Joe
EwingBarnes said:

Unbelievable Already cancelled for 2021. What's better is Dickies sent out bills to premium ticket holders about 2 weeks ago asking for payment, sounds shady to me.

They said they will update premium seat holders by next Friday. Going to give them the benefit of the doubt that the payments due was simply a case of one department not knowing what the other department was doing and they'll refund for the year or offer significant compensation for rolling funds over.
MGS
I wonder how many kids have already purchased and have been raising livestock for the show. It's a big FU to them and all of the hard work they've done.
Galt
AG
MGS said:

I wonder how many kids have already purchased and have been raising livestock for the show. It's a big FU to them and all of the hard work they've done.
Pretty much all of them. All steers had to be in your barn by June to be validated and eligible to show in the spring majors. Goats and Sheep, later validation but generally speaking you needed to have those in your barn 30-60 days ago. Hogs, maybe a few purchases avoided but people have been out shopping and buying for 4-6 weeks now.

28k exhibitors total (according to their website). I'd say at least 25k of them already have their animals.

My daughter, a senior, has had her Fort Worth calf in the barn since April.

This one stings, badly.
Post removed:
by user
Mike Bravo
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for Parker or Wise counties to step up and offer an alternative for the same timeframe. Split the show into several different venues.
TSUAggie
Yet we're still having the national finals rodeo in December?
Proposition Joe
National Finals Rodeo is just a rodeo in a large venue with plenty of space to spread out at reduced capacity. It's akin to any of the sporting events currently going on.

FWSSR is a whole different... animal. They likely could have done just the rodeo portion of it at reduced capacity, but obviously the numbers didn't make sense.

I'm disappointed like a lot of you, but the decision-makers for the rodeo aren't your fear-mongering types when it comes to this virus -- if it was realistic to go on with it they would have.
RiskManager93
AG
Galt said:

MGS said:

Pretty much all of them. All steers had to be in your barn by June to be validated and eligible to show in the spring majors. Goats and Sheep, later validation but generally speaking you needed to have those in your barn 30-60 days ago. Hogs, maybe a few purchases avoided but people have been out shopping and buying for 4-6 weeks now.

28k exhibitors total (according to their website). I'd say at least 25k of them already have their animals.

My daughter, a senior, has had her Fort Worth calf in the barn since April.

This one stings, badly.

I handled the placement of the insurance coverage during construction of the arena for Trail Drive Management, am a member of the FWSS Syndicate, and am close friends with a member of the Rodeo's Board of Directors. Our commitment to the kids around the state is strong. I can assure you the BOD did everything they could to try and pull this thing off, but we don't exist in a vacuum.

We are all aware of the impact this is going to have hell, we shattered records and raised over $5M dollars for the kids last year. The Rodeo and Syndicate are working together now to figure out what we can do to try and help the kids offset some of the expenses they've incurred.

Please tell your daughter how proud we are proud of her. Our hearts are broken as well.
YouBet
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

You would think as evidence continues to mount that the virus isn't as deadly or dangerous as people initially thought that people would stop doing the same things that were done last Spring but here we are.
It's incredible. It's factually a non-event for the vast majority of people but we just continue cancelling stuff. And why would Ft. Worth commit suicide like this? I'm assuming this is the largest money maker as a city every year?

My former company is still banning people from coming to work because we are experiencing a surge. Lol. At this point, they are just lying and it's cheaper to not have people in the office to have to pay the utility bill. Using COVID as cover for saving money.
harge57
AG
Like I said in the outdoor board thread we need some leaders to just break off and run their own damn rodeo. Sounds like you may know the people that could pull it off.
The Collective
AG
Wow, that sucks.
JR Ewingford
No doubt I'll be asking for a refund. No matter which side you fall on the fence with China virus continuing to live scared is a terrible way to go thru life. Guess just fold up everything and sit at home I suppose.
powerbelly
AG
EwingBarnes said:

No doubt I'll be asking for a refund. No matter which side you fall on the fence with China virus continuing to live scared is a terrible way to go thru life. Guess just fold up everything and sit at home I suppose.
I would hazard a guess that this is more of a combination of liability and not spending money with too much uncertainty on how the government will be handling COVID in a few months and almost nothing to do with fear.
MGS
Looks like they're still having it in San Antonio
DannyDuberstein
AG
FFS this could be totally worked out if they put just a few ounces of effort into it. Pathetic
gigem70
AG
How is it that the State Fair figured out a way to have a junior steer show and sale a couple of weeks ago?
Proposition Joe
Proposition Joe said:

EwingBarnes said:

They said they will update premium seat holders by next Friday. Going to give them the benefit of the doubt that the payments due was simply a case of one department not knowing what the other department was doing and they'll refund for the year or offer significant compensation for rolling funds over.

Full refunds being offered, but definitely dropped the ball on incentivizing people to leave their money. Rangers offered 5% to hold onto your money for 9 months and that was considered low-ball compared to other teams. FWWSR offering basically nothing to hold your money for 14 months.
alvtimes
Proposition Joe said:

National Finals Rodeo is just a rodeo in a large venue with plenty of space to spread out at reduced capacity. It's akin to any of the sporting events currently going on.

FWSSR is a whole different... animal. They likely could have done just the rodeo portion of it at reduced capacity, but obviously the numbers didn't make sense.

I'm disappointed like a lot of you, but the decision-makers for the rodeo aren't your fear-mongering types when it comes to this virus -- if it was realistic to go on with it they would have.

while its true that the NFR is a rodeo only event..... there is so much connected to it coming with it that will be hosted in Ft Worth that it crazy
The nightly gold buckle ceremony will be hosted on Ft Worth stockyards..
The country christmas shopping expo will be at Will Rogers.
The Juniors NFR will be hosted at the Northside Coliseum...so while "the rodeo" will be in Arlington.... Ft Worth will be hosting a lot of stuff.
Rubble
AG
gigem70 said:

How is it that the State Fair figured out a way to have a junior steer show and sale a couple of weeks ago?
I agree. My two oldest boys have been showing their heifers nearly every weekend all over North Texas, Southern Oklahoma and even as far as Texarkana since the middle of the summer. If all of these places can figure it out, there is no reason outside of political pressure that FW can't do this. This wreaks of political BS that they don't want to deal with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.