Metroplex
Sponsored by

What is Jollibee?

1,888 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
walton91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and why does this Filipino fried chicken and spaghetti cause a line of cars out onto Preston back to the Bush?
Duncan Idaho
Never heard of it before this thread but after googling it, those mango pies look great.
Cappo
AG
It was actually very good. It is like the fastest growing Asian restaurant in the country right now

wbt5845
AG
Big Filipino chain.
Boat Shoes
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaurant-news/2020/08/28/see-photos-of-long-drive-thru-line-at-jollibee-now-open-in-plano/
double aught
AG
Is this one of those places that's popular because it's popular?
wbt5845
AG
double aught said:

Is this one of those places that's popular because it's popular?

Filipinos from all over Texas travel there to eat.
Kellso
I had the fried chicken. It was good, but nothing special or memorable.

Chicken Express has way better fried chicken.
Bachelor99
AG
its decent but for fried chicken....korean fried chicken(KFC) is still the best.
YouBet
AG
Quote:

People in North Texas are curious about Jollibee in Plano. Like, really curious: This new fast-food restaurant from the Philippines might be the buzziest new drive-thru in D-FW since In-N-Out opened here in 2011.
I still laugh about the dumb girl on the front page of the DMN that was literally crying because she got to eat an In-N-Out burger.
planoaggie123
AG
I have wondered what this is as well.

I just googled it.

That has to be the strangest food selection I have ever seen. It is like they smoked weed and came up with the menu. Fried Chicken and Spagehtti. Is that salsbury steak? Strange hotdog and hamburgers. Unusual stuff.

With that said....i might be interested in trying the Chicken Sandwich
uneedastraw
It's the Filipino McDonalds equivalent as far as popularity with fast food. .It's a nostalgia thing. A Filipino coworker introduced me to it along with an Asian market here in California that sells weird disgusting crap.

The spaghetti has a different tasting sauce (I guess sweeter?). It's okay. However, what I did get hooked on at the Asian market was a popular Snack for my Filipino coworker as a kid - Cracker nuts (Japanese peanuts).

In California, the Jolibee has been here for a while. There isnt really lines here as it's old news. I stopped going after they ran out of chicken before 1pm every time I went...haven't been back.

Oh and In N Out sucks. I miss whataburger.
Duncan Idaho
Those japanese peanuts are real popular in mexico. Central market has a wassabi I flavored version that is ****ing awesome.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.