Metroplex
Sponsored by

New Front Door, any recommendations?

2,275 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JBLHAG03
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are in desperate need of a new front door. Went with Home Depot and the dang door manufacturing company literally sent us the wrong door (it was a glass back door vs the solid fiberglass wood looking one we ordered). And they were going to charge us $2K to do so.

So needless to say, mama wasn't happy and now I'm here looking for recommendations on some non-Lowe's/home Depot companies to look into.

Anyone have any good experiences? Picture of what we're looking for is below, hoping to get it done under $2K....

We want something solid, fiberglass, 6 panels with the raised trim (home depot only had 6 panel with basic trim).
Van Buren Boy
AG
Have you tried seconds and surplus?
Fannie Luddite
AG
You should find a true builders supply company, ask what manufactures they carry and go from there.

Mine is a little far out but they carry Masonite doors, which has a ton of options on their website. It took about two weeks to get in. I would stick with Fiberglass - I have one in woodgrain and it looks like wood but doesn't warp like wood nor expand\contract like metal.
Bottlerocket
AG
We Replaced our front door with pinky's iron doors. Absolutely love it. Not very pricey at all

https://pinkysirondoors.com/
Bottlerocket said:

We Replaced our front door with pinky's iron doors. Absolutely love it. Not very pricey at all

https://pinkysirondoors.com/

Who installed your door? And which door did you go with?
Bottlerocket
AG
I got this one. They recommended an installer in DFW who I used. I gave his number to another texager But I don't think the guy is still in business; he did a great job. If you order from pinky's, ask for an installer recommendation in your area or you can pay any true door installer to measure and then install.

https://pinkysirondoors.com/collections/iron-doors/products/air-19-double-flat?variant=31843492888685
Bottlerocket said:

I got this one. They recommended an installer in DFW who I used. I gave his number to another texager But I don't think the guy is still in business; he did a great job. If you order from pinky's, ask for an installer recommendation in your area or you can pay any true door installer to measure and then install.

https://pinkysirondoors.com/collections/iron-doors/products/air-19-double-flat?variant=31843492888685
If you don't mind sharing, what was the the install cost? I'm in DFW as well and want to replace mine at some point. I've been browsing Pinkys but no idea what someone would charge to put it in.
Bottlerocket
AG
I believe it was about $500
Van Buren Boy said:

We got a door there, had it stained and installed last week. Looks amazing.
cadetjay02
AG
Probably not what you're looking for, but we just ordered a door from Love That Door.

www.lovethatdoor.com

We're getting a 96x36 that looks fairly craftsman style. The quality of construction is incredibly impressive but you pay for it.
benMath08
AG
LHIOB said:

Van Buren Boy said:

We got a door there, had it stained and installed last week. Looks amazing.
Do they do the install as well or did you find someone else?
LHIOB
AG
We had our kitchen redone and we have that guy install 2 new doors for us.
TravelAg2004
AG
LHIOB said:

We had our kitchen redone and we have that guy install 2 new doors for us.
Who did your install? We are looking at a Pinky's door and looking for an installer recommendation.

Thanks!
DFWTLR
AG
I called several people on home advisor and good contractor list, the pricing was either so high or no one wanted to install just one door. All the contractors I spoke to were so busy with other jobs one door wasn't worth it at this time.

We went with Freedom Iron Doors, it's the same owner as Love That Door which was mentioned above. They build and install custom doors and pricing was not too much more than pinky's.
knoxtom
Ordered from pinkys as well. We had to get a thermally broken due to the cold weather here so it ended up costing much more but still worth it. Install was only 350
JBLHAG03
AG
I just had a new door installed by Dallas Door Designs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.