Metroplex
Sponsored by

Pool Builder Recommendations

878 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Silvertaps
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Edit: Didn't initially find the other thread on custom pools, so I've post in there as well

My wife and I live in the Prosper/Celina area and have been discussing putting in a pool over the last few months. I've owned a house with a pool before, but pretty clueless about the process in putting one in.

Our backyard isn't big, so we're looking at putting in a smaller "cocktail" pool. We've been looking at examples of them and picked a few styles we like. Other possible additions are a fire pit and small outdoor kitchen (built-in grill and smoker only).

- Any builder recommendations that service the Prosper/Celina area?
I've heard Hauk, Foley, and Gold Medal Pools are all very good.
- We're looking to start building possibly a year from now. Is it too early to discuss with pool companies to get design and pricing ideas? If so, when is it ideal?
- When financing, where would you recommend? How many months is standard?

Thank you!
MarleyFeed97
AG
Surprised to bear Hauk is on the list as my SIL in Prosper experience was not good and I've seen several others make similar posts about them on various other pool threads. Try doing a search on this topic if you don't get much feedback as this has been covered a few times including folks specifically asking about tour area. We used Puryear and were happy but we are in Alliance (FW/Keller) area so helpful to you.
-MarleyFeed97
Silvertaps
AG
MarleyFeed97 said:

Surprised to bear Hauk is on the list as my SIL in Prosper experience was not good and I've seen several others make similar posts about them on various other pool threads. Try doing a search on this topic if you don't get much feedback as this has been covered a few times including folks specifically asking about tour area. We used Puryear and were happy but we are in Alliance (FW/Keller) area so helpful to you.

Ok, thanks. I must not be searching correctly...didn't get much results when initially searching for pools. I'll try looking again. Are the posts you're referring to in this thread or others?

The recommendations I listed were just word of mouth from people in my neighborhood. Hauk is in Celina not far from me, but that certainly isn't a reason to go with them. Gold Medal came highly recommended, but are a bit more pricey. They did the lazy river @ Rough Riders ballpark, Omni pool @ Star and The Cowboys fit pool...so have a reputation that gets them a lot of demand.
thriller03
AG
https://texags.com/forums/37/topics/3103151
MarleyFeed97
AG
http://texags.com/forums/61/topics/2722841

I googled texags hauk and several popped up including this one. Didn't look to see how recent everything was but this thread gets started at least once/yr it seems so bet there are more recent posts out there.
-MarleyFeed97
Silvertaps
AG
Good grief...now I feel like an idiot I didn't find these. Thank you!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.