Metroplex
Sponsored by

Flower Mound?

4,087 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Spaceship
Oruc Reis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are wanting to get out of Dallas/lake Highlands and think we found the neighborhood/lot we are looking for in flower mound. However, we know nothing about flower mound. The schools look great, the town seems like a good fit for us, but hard to tell for sure. Can anyone give me a crash course?
Decay
AG
Stay away from Lewisville?
AggieBarstool
Just curious, why are y'all looking to leave Lake Highlands?

We're south of you (right next to White Rock Lake) and are looking to buy a home within a year or two. Just checking if there's something we need to know about our neighborhood and those nearby...

I should be studying 11
AG
Oruc Reis said:

We are wanting to get out of Dallas/lake Highlands and think we found the neighborhood/lot we are looking for in flower mound. However, we know nothing about flower mound. The schools look great, the town seems like a good fit for us, but hard to tell for sure. Can anyone give me a crash course?
Have lived in the general area for 6 years now (Argyle first, now Lantana). My parents also now live in Flower Mound and my wife grew up here. What kind of info are you looking for?
Spaceship
AG
We were in a very similar position - lived in Lake Highlands for about 6 years, and moved to Flower Mound a little over a year ago. We love it. Its very kid/family friendly, and has been a great place for us. We live in Bridlewood and I prefer the western and northern sides of FM, but there isn't a bad area. My wife works in Highland Village and she and my kids never have a reason to leave a 10 minute radius of our house - we have everything we need here.

I work in uptown Dallas and the longer drive for me was the big compromise, but with the express lanes on 114, traffic isn't too bad (definitely not as bad as the Tollway or 75).

As you noted, the schools are excellent, and there are many good preschool options too. FM doesn't have a highway through it like Frisco, Richardson, Plano, etc. so traffic isn't as congested, and you don't have DART or some of the riff-raff that comes with more congestion.

I didn't realize how much the congestion of urban Dallas bothered me until we made the move to FM, and now I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel like I can breathe now, and also not worry about my daughter playing in the front yard unsupervised.

Hit me up on any questions you have.
Rubble
AG
Lived in Lantana for almost 7 years now. Give us some specifics that you're looking for and I'm sure we'll all chime in with similar answers.
OKC~Ag
FM is great/ was great for DFW airport access...less than 30 minutes...guess it doesn't matter much now
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Flower Mound is a very popular area right now...homes moving quickly and many with multiple offers.

Would love to help in your sale/purchase if you are comparing agents. I've helped tons of good Ags over the years as a TexAgs sponsor.

Gig'em!

Cody
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Oruc Reis
AG
This is exactly why we are looking. Sounds great, thank you. We are looking at the W side of town along the lake, hoping to grab a lot and build.
Oruc Reis
AG
Nothing wrong with LH, we are just looking for a little slower pace and more space.
Spaceship
AG
Oruc Reis said:

This is exactly why we are looking. Sounds great, thank you. We are looking at the NW side of town along the lake, hoping to grab a lot and build.

Beautiful area. You can't go wrong there.
Oruc Reis
AG
I think Spaceship addressed most of what I was thinking about. Is it a fairly conservative community?
I should be studying 11
AG
Oruc Reis said:

I think Spaceship addressed most of what I was thinking about. Is it a fairly conservative community?
Very conservative and family oriented. It's a bubble (in a good way) and you won't really ever have to leave unless its for work or a specific restaurant/store that you want to visit. It really is a great area.
Oruc Reis
AG
Sounds perfect, thanks.
Spaceship
AG
I should be studying 11 said:

Oruc Reis said:

Very conservative and family oriented. It's a bubble (in a good way) and you won't really ever have to leave unless its for work or a specific restaurant/store that you want to visit. It really is a great area.

Agree, it def has a bubble feel (in a good way). A big "town" if that make sense.
AggieMPH2005
Cody helped us buy our home in FM 2 years ago and helped my in-laws with their home purchase earlier this year. If you don't have a realtor already I highly recommend him.
Buford Tannen
AG
Agree with OR - nothing "wrong" with LH per se, but I'd like to be somewhere with less congestion and at a slower pace with some room to breathe. A lot of LH is packed in there. Sounds like a few of us are in that spot.
Bird Poo
AG
Know a ton of Dallas residents getting the hell out of the city limits.

Crime is only going to increase.
Buford Tannen
AG
Where are they going?
Thomas Little
AG
I agree with spaceship and others. I live in Lantana and work in Flower Mound. It's a great area to live and work. One thing I love is you never feel like you're trapped in by the city. It's easy to get to Dallas or Fort Worth, or the airport if you need, but just as easy to really get away from all that. It's definitely living in a bubble with everything you need. Great schools, great people, etc.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
AggieMPH2005 said:

Cody helped us buy our home in FM 2 years ago and helped my in-laws with their home purchase earlier this year. If you don't have a realtor already I highly recommend him.
Thanks so much for the shout out! It's been a pleasure working with you over the years, and your recommendation means the world to me.

Cody
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Rudyjax
AG
I've been here close to 20 years. Fire away any questions....
Wheatables02
AG

Oruc Reis said:

I've been in Flo Mo 12 years. Yes conservative, but I wouldn't say "very". A lot of Californians and other out of staters from the East have moved here in the last three years, so its becoming less conservative everyday. It also continues to drive the home prices up and up and up some more.
Rudyjax
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Oruc Reis said:

I've been in Flo Mo 12 years. Yes conservative, but I wouldn't say "very". A lot of Californians have moved here in the last three years so its becoming less conservative everyday.

It's seems like there are a lot of people from out of state here.
Wheatables02
AG
Superblood Wolfmoon said:

Wheatables02 said:

Oruc Reis said:

I've been in Flo Mo 12 years. Yes conservative, but I wouldn't say "very". A lot of Californians have moved here in the last three years so its becoming less conservative everyday.

Funny I just edited my post to add that before I saw yours...
Rubble
AG

Wheatables02 said:

Oruc Reis said:

I've noticed an influx of out of state folks moving into Lantana as well.
Rudyjax
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Wheatables02 said:

Oruc Reis said:

Funny I just edited my post to add that before I saw yours...

I think it's the equidistance between Dallas and Fort Worth and the proximity to DFW.

We live in a pretty good neighborhood.

I'd personally look double oak over Flower Mound if I could do it again, but that's just me.
Rudyjax
AG
Lantana might as well be Flower Mound.
Shooter McGavin
AG

Different school district
Rudyjax
AG
Shooter McGavin said:

True. And no police or fire department.

Head to head, I'd say there's not much difference between Guyer and Flo Mo/Marcus. Both will give the kids a quality education.
Wheatables02
AG
Shooter McGavin said:

and apparently a massive water district tax for lantana residents
Rubble
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Shooter McGavin said:

It isn't cheap, that's for sure, but it balances out (with no city taxes at all) and is fairly comparable tax-wise overall compared to FM or HV.
Rudyjax
AG
Rubble said:

Wheatables02 said:

Shooter McGavin said:

It isn't cheap, that's for sure, but it balances out (with no city taxes at all) and is fairly comparable tax-wise overall compared to FM or HV.

Plus you get to live with all the Latana people.
Rudyjax
AG
If I could do it again I'd move off of High Road, by the lake behind lakeside, or double oak if I could do it again. Oh well.

I can't even afford to buy my own house at today's prices.
Rubble
AG

Rubble said:

Wheatables02 said:

Shooter McGavin said:

Plus you get to live with all the Latana people.

Is that good or bad?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.