Metroplex
Sponsored by

Is anyone planning to move away from DFW due to COVID?

8,342 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by flyingaggie12
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely. I think summers elsewhere is a better option than just moving if you have the flexibility.
HarleySpoon
AG
YouBet said:

drewser95 said:

YouBet said:

HarleySpoon said:

Saint Jo/Muenster/Forestburg -North Texas Hill Country....lots of new neighbors out there from the park cities. But too far for a commute.
Going to drive up this way this weekend. Never seen that part of Texas somehow.
From the Entertainment board, if you're a fan:

Max Stalling in Saint Jo, Texas this Saturday
Good to know! thanks!
That's a really neat venue....even if you don't reserve a table and the BBQ is pretty decent too. Other things that "might" interest you in the area:

1. Davis and Blevins gallery on the Saint Jo square.....large and really neat stuff she also has a gallery in Aspen I believe. The owner is in the cowgirl hall of fame.

2. Stonewall Saloon on Saint Jo Square. Museum now that is only open on Sunday afternoons. It was the last place the cowboys could stop on the Chisholm Trail and have a drink before arriving in Kansas. Millions of cattle crossed just to north at "Red River Station"....thus the name of the Max Stalling BBQ venue because that spot on the river was likely a conveyor belt to transport cattle easily.

3. A couple of neat vineyards just north of Saint Jo......Blue Ostrich and Arche Winery.

4. Turtle Hill Golf course just north of Muenster/Saint Jo....plays like the hill country with some 30 mile views off of bluffs and even has a top ten in Texas #11 hole.

5. Scenic drives north of Muenster and Saint Jo and south of Saint Jo to Forestburg. Loaded with motorcycle clubs and sports car clubs from the Metroplex on weekends.

6. Ancient ovens pizza venue....out doors with 30 mile views over the vineyards.

7. German market in Muenster.....all manner of meats, cheeses and baked goods made in by them in Muenster. Muenster also has some neat German architecture and one nice German restaurant.

9. Nocona is about a fifteen minute drive on 82 west of Saint Jo. It is the classic car capital of Texas with a massive classic car museum downtown. Another neat museum in Muenster is the "Tails and Trails" museum that tells the story of the cattle drives and the establishment of the western boot industry. Cowboys would get measured by John Justin on the way up the trail and then pick their boots up on the way back. After John Justin died, his sons moved to Fort Worth and started Justin Boots while his daughter remained and started Nocona boots. Museum is quite a little treasure. Some decent restaurants downtown and one nice hotel.

Have fun.

YouBet
AG
Awesome! Thanks for planning my day!
HarleySpoon
AG
YouBet said:

Awesome! Thanks for planning my day!

You bet. Take a cooler and be sure to take home a strudel from the Fischers market in Muenster.
Strategy
AG
Just got back from a week in Florida. Stayed near Destin. If you can work anywhere it's really hard to not see the improved quality of life when you are near the water.
flyingaggie12
AG
Market is still doing pretty well, especially when you talk about highly sough out areas such as Lakewood, East Dallas, Lake Highlands, M Streets, Bluffview, and Preston/Midway Hollow. Very little inventory and still a lot of buyers (see below, I'll update once July comes out). If anybody needs neighborhood level data let me know.

Although company relocations might slow down in the future due to COVID, it's still a very attractive place to relocate due to costs/friendly business atmosphere, which should continue to drive relocations, especially from more dense cities. Additionally, there's a massive population of young people that moved here and continues to move for those jobs and they are reaching the marriage/family stage which will continue to drive demand for in town homes.

As for Uptown's decline, it pretty much has to do with the development of higher priced apartments/office which destroyed the social/bar locales and neighborhood atmosphere while pricing out the millennials.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.