Metroplex
Sponsored by

Weekend trip ideas around DFW during coronavirus

1,638 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 2007fightintexasaggie
Spaceship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a one-year-old and a four-year-old and would LOVE to get out of the house for a weekend. We've looked into Great Wolf Lodge and the JW Marriott in the hill country but they haven't reopened yet. Any ideas for a long weekend trip with two little kids somewhere within a couple hours of DFW? Thanks.
Hincemm
AG
Dinosaur valley state park in glen rose.
murphyag
AG
Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in Glen Rose/stay at hotel with indoor pool.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Broken Bow OK. Pushing the couple hour requirement but it is great to visit with kids.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Where do you stay in broken bow? Every time I think about going there, I can never figure out where the best places to stay are. Are there any places right on the lake where you can keep a boat?
Aries
Looking for places too. We have a 5 & 3 year old. Our Disney cruise was cancelled for the 2nd time so we need to take the kids somewhere.
AndersHolmvik
AG
If it's lakeside you're looking for, Cedar Creek has a lot of properties on vrbo. Less than 1.5 hour drive
YouBet
AG
murphyag said:

Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in Glen Rose/stay at hotel with indoor pool.
I second this and you can hit Dinosaur Valley on the same trip. Fossil Rim is awesome and your kids will freaking love it.

You can up your game and stay at Rough Creek Lodge down the road if you have a bunch of COVID cash lying around. They have all kinds of kids activities and separate adult activities if you want to pawn your kids off on Rough Creek.
aggolfer
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Where do you stay in broken bow? Every time I think about going there, I can never figure out where the best places to stay are. Are there any places right on the lake where you can keep a boat?
That is the only drawback of the lake -good and bad. Lake is beautiful because there are no houses on it. Drawback is no houses and no slips for your boat. Boat ramps can be crazy at times. Tons of nice cabins in the area. We like Lake Hamilton near Hot Springs as there are alot of house options on the water with a slip that you can keep the boat in the water.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Grapevine Vintage Railroad started up again last weekend that runs between the Fort Worth Stockyards & Grapevine. Coyote Drive-In Theater is right down the road as well for movie night. There's a new hotel in the Stockyards with a rooftop bar that's owned/operated by Ags (Springhill Suites) that's really nice especially if the weather is good.

Glen Rose is only an hour drive from here for an easy day trip.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.