Metroplex
Sponsored by

Anyone know of a HPB open in the mid cities for curbside pickup?

966 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by metrag06
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Their website says the one in Bedford is but when you call the store you get a recording that says their store is temporarily closed. My 83 year old mom is really struggling with quarantine and I would love to get her some new books to read ASAP as I know she's read everything she has in house.
powerbelly
AG
Why not just order from Amazon?

I know the flagship is open for pick-up, but obviously not in the mid-cities.
Know Your Enemy
AG
powerbelly said:

Why not just order from Amazon?

I know the flagship is open for pick-up, but obviously not in the mid-cities.

Because I want to get her 10-12 books and don't feel like buying them brand new. Plus I'd like to drop them off for her over the weekend for Mother's Day especially since I can't spend time with her right now.
metrag06
AG
I can try to cruise by the store later today to see if anyone is working inside or if they have signs up.

You might try the Goodwill store on 157. I believe they sell books also. Not sure if they are open but I know the donation centers have started back up so they might be.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I called the Arlington store and their voicemail said that they start taking phone orders at 10am so I am going to try calling Bedford again now. They're much closer to me and have most of the books my mom is looking for per the website. If not I'll call Arlington to see what they have in stock.
Know Your Enemy
AG
And they were open at 10am for phone orders. The employee said they are doing some limited in store shopping too but all I needed was the curbside pickup for Mom.
metrag06
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.