Metroplex
Sponsored by

best neighborhoods near medical city arlington?

1,754 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wbt5845
theeacademic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about potentially accepting a job at Medical City Arlington. Physician requiring frequent calls. Limited knowledge of surrounding areas/neighborhoods. Looking to see if anyone near the area has any recommendations on potential good neighborhoods near the hospital, like say 10-15 minutes away max. Again, being on call I would hate to be too far from hospital at least at beginning. Thanks!
Ol Jock 99
AG
If this is your first job out of residency, I highly suggest renting.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Oh yeah, married, single, kids, etc etc?
theeacademic
AG
yes it would be first job out of residency. And married with two kids (4 and 1 years old). Looking around 400-500k range for house. But would not be opposed to renting either.
Super Aggie 64
AG
West Arlington (west of Cooper St) or Mansfield

Avoid the area around the hospital (east of Cooper St, north of I20, south of I30).
Hincemm
AG
Mansfield
TMACsDaMan
My uncle and aunt have lived near Martin HS. Might want to check that area.
wbt5845
AG
I live in far south Arlington, right on Mansfield/Arlington border.

Area towards Lake Arlington is very nice, well established. But with kids yours ages, I bet somewhere down SH 360/Mansfield would work better. You can be at MCA in 10 minutes from pretty much anywhere down there now that the toll road is open.
theeacademic
AG
Thank yall for the responses. It sounds like south Arlington is pretty popular for families. What about North Arlington? Specifically north of I30?
Hincemm
AG
maybe this place? don't know much about it.

https://www.viridiandfw.com/
Ol Jock 99
AG
theeacademic said:

yes it would be first job out of residency. And married with two kids (4 and 1 years old). Looking around 400-500k range for house. But would not be opposed to renting either.
Given the current uncertainty in the world, the fact that lots and lots of docs leave their first job quickly, and that your kiddos aren't school age yet, I highly suggest renting unless Arlington is home for you/wife. Which I assume it isn't since you asked the question.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Hincemm said:

maybe this place? don't know much about it.

https://www.viridiandfw.com/

Aries
Rent. MCA is a terrible hospital. You will not want to stay there.
Hincemm
AG
Aries said:

Rent. MCA is a terrible hospital. You will not want to stay there.

It was 14 years ago but my son was born there. It's at an 'interesting' crossroads for sure but I never got the impression it was terrible. If push comes to shove, plenty of places to rent in Mansfield too...
theeacademic
AG
Terrible as in the patient care? The facilities? The patient population? All the above?
wbt5845
AG
theeacademic said:

Terrible as in the patient care? The facilities? The patient population? All the above?
My wife is an OR circulator, and the only ORs that are acceptable to her in the mid cities are USMD on I-20 and Mansfield Methodist.
gigem70
AG
Lake Arlington area.
metrag06
AG
Built on reclaimed land in the Trinity River bottom and across FM 157 from the landfill. Instructions to visitors coming from the north would be "once you pass the t***y bar and landfill on your right, look for entrance to left.

Hard. Pass.
mAgnoliAg
AG
metrag06 said:

Built on reclaimed land in the Trinity River bottom and across FM 157 from the landfill. Instructions to visitors coming from the north would be "once you pass the t***y bar and landfill on your right, look for entrance to left.

Hard. Pass.

And to add to all this, you are paying a hell of a premium ($175/sq ft or so) for Arlington/Euless. I heard that land used to be an extension of the landfill before they developed it?
PooDoo
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

metrag06 said:

Hard. Pass.

And to add to all this, you are paying a hell of a premium ($175/sq ft or so) for Arlington/Euless. I heard that land used to be an extension of the landfill before they developed it?

I told my daughter Viridian was Spanish for Across from the Dump.

Plus, its further than 10 minutes away.

Plus, plus... didn't they have a couple of pedo-arrests at that school?
_lefraud_
AG
W/SW Arlington... look south of 303/Carrier, and west of Bowen. Few places near Arkansas/Green Oaks for rent on Zillow that may fit the bill.
metrag06
AG
Not sure about two, but I think the principal was arrested at one point.

* former principal
Wes97
AG

My sister and her family live in SW Arlington. Their oldest kid goes to Martin High School. Anything in that area should be fine. As mentioned earlier avoid anything east of Cooper and north of I-20/south of I-30.

When I lived in Arlington a long time ago, north of I-30 was a lot of apartments. Not crappy apartments but not long-term established housing either.
wbt5845
AG
Wes97 said:

My sister and her family live in SW Arlington. Their oldest kid goes to Martin High School. Anything in that area should be fine. As mentioned earlier avoid anything east of Cooper and north of I-20/south of I-30.

When I lived in Arlington a long time ago, north of I-30 was a lot of apartments. Not crappy apartments but not long-term established housing either.
North of I-30 is one of those "it depends" kinda situations. There are a lot of older established neighborhoods that are turning over that are still nice and getting nicer - some not so much.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.