Metroplex
Sponsored by

RIP Favorite Local Restaurants Killed By COVID-19

41,688 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FincAg
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The big national brands always survive, but the mom and pop restaurants are struggling to survive this. Post the names of your favorite restaurants that have been driven out of business and will not reopen.

Hit home for me yesterday when Uncle Bo's in Arlington went under after an 11 year run. One of my favorite craft burger places.

Saw David's Seafood Grill in Cedar Hill closed too. That was a favorite for meeting up with my parents. Great seafood.
jeffster97
AG
RIP Hong Kong Express Keller. They were there some 20 years
waitwhat?
Fred's closed down in FTW
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Proposition Joe
Fred's isn't closing down for good. They own the land on W7th so there's no reason for them to open back up at significantly reduced service #'s.

And I don't know the specifics on the lease for the BlueBonnet Circle location, but it's more or less the anchor for that entire development so they probably aren't too too worried about their lease payments there.
powerbelly
AG
Peggy Sue's in Snider Plaza is closing.
wbt5845
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Fred's isn't closing down for good. They own the land on W7th so there's no reason for them to open back up at significantly reduced service #'s.

And I don't know the specifics on the lease for the BlueBonnet Circle location, but it's more or less the anchor for that entire development so they probably aren't too too worried about their lease payments there.
Scared the **** outta me when he said Fred's.
Chewy
AG
If Fred's shuts down then Betsy Price should go ahead and take a torch to the whole damn town.
ftworthag02
AG
[url] [/url]
MW03
AG
powerbelly said:

Peggy Sue's in Snider Plaza is closing.
WHAT?!
Ag CPA
AG
Chewy said:

If Fred's shuts down then Betsy Price should go ahead and take a torch to the whole damn town.
Meh, Fred's lost it's soul after West 7th gentrified and the beer garden went away. Like Joe T's, like the food's ok but the atmosphere was what made that place great.
MW03
AG
If Dell's in Richardson closes down, I'm going to declare a fatwa against coronavirus.
wbt5845
AG
Ag CPA said:

Chewy said:

Meh, Fred's lost it's soul after West 7th gentrified and the beer garden went away. Like Joe T's, like the food's ok but the atmosphere was what made that place great.
I'll agree it's not the same now that W. 7th is high brow - but it's still my favorite place in that part of town.
powerbelly
AG
They were closed for remodeling for a while and word is they are shutting down for good
Ag CPA
AG
wbt5845 said:

Ag CPA said:

Chewy said:

I'll agree it's not the same now that W. 7th is high brow - but it's still my favorite place in that part of town.
Agree, I work down the street and still used to hit it at least once a month before corona.
Buford Tannen
AG
I believe I read Cork and Pig on W 7th bit the dust.
Proposition Joe
Yeah, Cork and Pig was positioned in an expensive spot that is/was difficult to do curbside.

I liked it, but if they are throwing in the towel after less than two months with a parent company that has $$$, then chances are they weren't long for that spot anyways.

But we can just spin the wheel and see what eatery wants to spend way too much money in rent to move into that spot next.
Matsui
AG
The tavern and pacific table, by the same owners as cork and pig, I hope won't close. They are my favorites
Corps_Ag12
AG
Matsui said:

The tavern and pacific table, by the same owners as cork and pig, I hope won't close. They are my favorites
The Tavern, Pacific Table, and Press are all owned by one guy's restaurant group. I think he only has partial ownership in Cork and Pig whereas i think he owns the others outright.
YouBet
AG
Jake's on Henderson is closing for good.

Mia's is not closing but is moving to the Buzzbrew's location down the curb on Lemmon.
Buford Tannen
AG
Interesting. I've always felt that space has a higher and better use than a Jakes.
Proposition Joe
Jake's has been struggling in many locations for years.
supermanrv
AG
Five Sixty, by Wolfgang Puck. Not one that I frequent often, but I have several friends who have gotten engaged here.
The Shank Ag
Just tried to call peggy sue bbq. Phone says no longer in service.
Ag CPA
AG
Not a restaurant but saw that the Nordstrom at NE Mall in Hurst is closing permanently.
Naveronski
AG
Ag CPA said:

Not a restaurant but saw that the Nordstrom at NE Mall in Hurst is closing permanently.

Nordstrom declared bankruptcy
Ag CPA
AG
You're thinking of Neiman Marcus.
2wealfth Man
AG
Nordstrom is scaling back and closing some locations
YouBet
AG
How long was Peggy Sue around? 25 years?
powerbelly
AG
Started in 1958. Not sure how long they were at that location.
Matsui
AG
That mall sucks donkey balls
Naveronski
AG
Ag CPA said:

You're thinking of Neiman Marcus.
Yep, whoops. Thanks for the correction.
double aught
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Jake's has been struggling in many locations for years.
I've never thought it was anything special.
Strategy
AG
Bread Winners in Trophy Club/Westlake will not be returning.
Hincemm
AG
Strategy said:

Bread Winners in Trophy Club/Westlake will not be returning.

Dang...
powerbelly
AG
Lizard Lounge is shutting down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.