Metroplex
Sponsored by

Blue Angels over DFW!

6,971 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ol Jock 99
rally-cap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Blue Angels (and possibly the Thunderbirds) will be doing a fly over of Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and New Orleans on Wednesday, May 6!

https://instagr.am/p/B_xTDVIAkG7

The route information will be posted tomorrow.
PlanoAg98
AG
I couldn't find anything online but someone posted this on my neighborhood Facebook page.

proc
AG
PlanoAg beat me to it. That's the route.
The Shank Ag
proc said:

PlanoAg beat me to it. That's the route.

Any idea on a time?

I'm on the top floor of the Pier 1 building looking back towards the rest of downtown. Should have a good view
PlanoAg98
AG
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/05/04/blue-angels-fly-over-north-texas-wednesdasy-honor-frontline-workers/

Quote:

Rep. Kay Granger (TX-12) first announced that the flyover will happen at around 11 a.m. in Fort Worth and will last about 35 minutes.
metrag06
AG
Thunderbirds just posted on Twitter that they're headed back to Nellis. Sounds like it will be the Blue Angels only.
Rubble
AG
The Navy giving the middle finger to Denton County it seems...
fooz
AgBQ-00
AG
All y'all are just lucky. It's really just a flyover me and my family you just get to join in. note the sarcasm...they are flying directly over my house though if they are close to the path mentioned
metrag06
AG
Should pass just south of us as well - was bummed by the delay, tomorrow is my younger son's 3rd birthday and I told him he's getting a fighter jet flyover as a present.

The "LD Bell" waypoint is east of the school but they'll likely pass close overhead. EDIT - the more I look at it it may be the 8 story bank building on Central Drive to give a visual landmark prior to the turn in over HEB hospital.
PlanoAg98
AG
Any guesses on the east/west street on it's first turn through Allen/Plano? McDermott, Hedgecox, Legacy?
Killin Me Smalls
AG
My guess is they will head west on exchange/McDermott towards Centennial and Baylor Frisco.
culdeus
AG
What ATC will they be tied into?
metrag06
AG
tysker
AG
Any guidance as to the exact route for us LH folks? One seems to have them tracking over Flag Pole Hill and another tracking along 75 at NWH. Not to be nit-picky but that's a fairly big difference if you're searching for a best possible viewing site.
Van Buren Boy
AG
tysker said:

Any guidance as to the exact route for us LH folks? One seems to have them tracking over Flag Pole Hill and another tracking along 75 at NWH. Not to be nit-picky but that's a fairly big difference if you're searching for a best possible viewing site.

The official flight path is on the Blue Angel's Instagram page.
tysker
AG
thanks
ac04
double aught
AG
That blue line traces right over my house in east Richardson. Hope it's accurate.
PlanoAg98
AG
I'm about a mile off the path. Could hear them but saw nothing. However, I'm in a neighborhood with a lot of mature tall trees.
The Shank Ag
PlanoAg98 said:

I'm about a mile off the path. Could hear them but saw nothing. However, I'm in a neighborhood with a lot of mature tall trees.
It's tomorrow
Killin Me Smalls
AG
The Shank Ag said:

PlanoAg98 said:

It's tomorrow

Wonder what you were hearing. Haha.
PlanoAg98
AG
I must be hearing things. This social distancing thing is really starting to get to me.
Post removed:
by user
hbc07
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

I must be hearing things. This social distancing thing is really starting to get to me.
There was definitely something flying around Carrollton this morning for a while, maybe around 9:30 or 10.
rally-cap
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

How low do they fly and how far away can you be and still get a good look?
They won't fly anywhere as low as they would with a traditional airshow (opposing solos). I would bet they'll be several thousand feet up. You should be able to make out the delta formation from at least a mile or two away, probably farther. And they will probably trail smoke for most of the route, so they will be easy to pick up.
Mozart Paintings
AG
My family lives in Atlanta and sent some video from the flyover there this past weekend. They were very visible. and yes, they did the smoke trail. Atlanta included the Thunderbirds... we won't see that.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I am directly under their path in Arlington and if I walk to the end of my complex should see the turn they make just south of me.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Looking forward to it!
AustinAg2K
Are they just flying over, or are they also doing some sort of show? I'll probably take the kids out anyways, but if they're just flying over I don't really understand the big deal.
TheFonz
AG
Delta formation flyover with smoke - no aerobatics, but still very cool!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Can't wait! Hope I can see them.
Phat32
AG
If anyone figures out an ATC that we can listen to, post it here. Taking the kids to a bridge to watch.

#sociallydistancedofcourse
#SaferatHome

Absolute
AG
nm
culdeus
AG
Absolute said:

What time does it start?

Now.

At Campbell and Custer. Should be able to see decent.never found an ATC.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.