Metroplex
Sponsored by

Collin County Property taxes

7,271 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ChoppinDs40
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When are we going to get our notices? The Collin CAD site doesn't have much info besides May 15th. Just want to know when to get ready for the yearly protest.
DadAG10
CCAD Press release.
Rice and Fries
How bad do you think they are gonna shaft us? I would love to see how much my house has supposedly improved....
aggolfer
AG
I saw something where they are going off what it was on Jan 1, 2020. Not taking into account what is going on now.
Rice and Fries
I suspect they will be towing that 1/1/2020 valuation date hard. They will be doing their best to collect the most taxes this year to offset the impact of COVID-19 hitting other local tax revenues.
The Collective
AG
Valuation is supposed to be 1/1, prepare for a lot of anger over that though.
YouBet
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Valuation is supposed to be 1/1, prepare for a lot of anger over that though.
More like:

bco2003
AG
Denton & Collin counties are posted on the CAD websites.

Ours in Denton increased 5.2%. Will be protesting as we have done the last 5 years.
Wheatables02
AG
bco2003 said:

Ours in Denton increased 5.2%. Will be protesting as we have done the last 5 years.
I thought the max was now 3.5 percent increase per state legislation? I can't confirm this anywhere but also I'm also in Denton County.
aggolfer
AG
Not seeing mine updated on Collin CAD.
cadetjay02
AG
I don't think Collin has updated. My house in Prosper isn't, nor is the house I'm buying in Frisco.
WGann3
AG
No updates for my McKinney house.
Trucker 96
Looks like Collin wont be until May 15
jpd301
AG
Wheatables02 said:

bco2003 said:

I thought the max was now 3.5 percent increase per state legislation? I can't confirm this anywhere but also I'm also in Denton County.
No. The 3.5% applies to the total growth in property tax revenue collected by the local government. If you have some areas declining, others can still grow by the full 10% or more. Your appraisal can and will continue to climb. In theory, the taxing entity will have to reduce their tax rate to keep the total revenue dedicate to maintenance and operations under the 3.5% growth in new revenue.

The 3.5% revenue cap does not apply to growth due to new construction. It also does not applies to revenue dedicated to debt service.
bco2003
AG
Sorry for the false alarm on Collin County. Saw 2020 on the individual property pages, but yeah, values still unavailable.
Wheatables02
AG
Thanks!
double aught
AG
ISD taxes should go down since we missed a third of the school year, right?
jsdaltxag
Got mine in the mail and it went down slightly!
Trucker 96
I'm in Plano and mine went down 2.7%. That's following an unsuccessful protest in 2019
aggolfer
AG
Yep, mine went down this year.
planoaggie123
AG
Down almost 5.5%

Still about $30K higher than what I paid. The house was a fixer-upper. The previous appraisal in my opinion was assuming decent condition (which ours was not in...almost 1 month of renos before we even moved in).

I may go ahead and protest and see if I can get it down just a bit more....
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I'm in Plano and mine went down 2.7%.
I'm in Plano too and mine went up 8%. To all those that got decreases... YOUR'E WELCOME!!!
planoaggie123
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

I'm in Plano and mine went down 2.7%.
I'm in Plano too and mine went up 8%. To all those that got decreases... YOUR'E WELCOME!!!
Ouch. Everyone in my neighborhood got a decrease....some more than others (smalles i saw was 1%)...we were the largest decrease....
Trucker 96
Where in Plano are you?
planoaggie123
AG
Without giving too much away Willow Bend area...

edit: ha, wrong "planoag..."
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Where in Plano are you?
I'm in central Plano. Hunter's Glen neighborhood at Spring Creek & Custer.
Rice and Fries
Got ours just now Down .03%.

Still going to protest. We are taxed at a 1.37/sf, while the average of the entire street is 1.28/sf.

DadAG10
Up 4%.

wangus12
AG
Probably because they returfed that dog park near yall
bert harbinson
AG
Up 4.34%

Anybody have a recommendation for a company to handle a protest? I did it myself a couple of years ago and got a slight reduction but hated the process and would rather leave it to professionals.
cadetjay02
AG
Mine went up 2% in Prosper, but I sold it for way more than that last month. So no complaints for me. New house I bought in Frisco actually dropped about 1%, but I paid even less than that. So I will protest once I close in early June.
dvldog
AG
Down 2.25% here after going up 1% last year. New build community (University Place off of Coit).
bco2003
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Mine went up 2% in Prosper, but I sold it for way more than that last month. So no complaints for me. New house I bought in Frisco actually dropped about 1%, but I paid even less than that. So I will protest once I close in early June.
Interesting, most folks head north. Care to share why you moved (back?) down?

investorAg83
AG
Up 10.4%...WTF
cadetjay02
AG
Mainly driven by work. My wife and I both teach in Frisco so it will be nice to have the kids in the neighborhood they've gone to school in for years. Not that my current 20 minute commute is bad, but 5 minutes will be nicer.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.