Metroplex
Sponsored by

Boss is making us return to work

4,396 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Trucker 96
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
duck79 said:

riverrataggie said:

culdeus said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

The main problem I see in this is if you have young kids at home with no child care as school and summer camps have been mostly cancelled. Not sure what that solution is.

As offices open up this aspect will be catastrophic for working families. Abbot only really talked about sleep away camps in his address.

We are close to having to get a nanny and also pay day care so we don't lose our spot at day care.

My wife is a hygienist and was told she has to return to work Wednesday and they want her to work possibly 6 days per week(she was Tues-Thur before). Luckily I am still work from home and in a diminished capacity but that could change in the next 2-3 weeks. Once things get back to normal we don't know what we will do with our 6 and 9yr old. Most if not all of their summer activities have been cancelled.
This summer is going to be a continued trying time for a lot of parents.

Have a 2 and 5 yo (6 this summer).
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OUr office is kicking the idea of August around (about a 2000 person HQ), with one of the main reasons being the need for school/day care to be back up running. The other being the completely stupid open concept space we remodeled to over the past 2-3 years. It was bad enough that they missed the boat with this failed concept for many other reasons, we can add the "pandemeic spreading clusterF" to the list of issues with this ridiculous concept.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.