Metroplex
Sponsored by

Vector Brewing in LH

3,219 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by J.P. 03
schwabbin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone tried these guys yet? Opened yesterday (Fri 4/3) and I tried ordering online yesterday and today and they've sold out within minutes of opening. I guess that's a good sign.
jagged
AG
Haven't tried it, but we will soon (walking distance from the house). Been looking to it for a while. Interesting times they find themselves opening in. Seems like they are doing well based on Instagram
Ol Jock 99
AG
Nice folks, supposed to be good beer, no way am I dealing with that insanity this weekend.
Buford Tannen
AG
Trying to order online right now and it's an hour wait for 4-pack of crowlers and food unavailable. Insanity indeed. LH is screaming for a place like this. They will kill it.
Red Rover
AG
https://giphy.com/gifs/louis-tomlinson-gif-12AxeFor3Rb7va

Between this and the bbq place... ... soon
AG
Were they selling beer at lh octoberfest?
hatchback
AG
Some of my good friends are the architects who designed that space. I'll definitely be planning to check it out!
East Dallas Ag
AG
We tried to order at 4:45 and it was shut down due to demand. I'm happy for them, they've been thru it to get that place open and when it's finally ready there's a frickin pandemic! They'll get plenty of my money eventually since i can walk there.
Ol Jock 99
AG
lt230 said:

Were they selling beer at lh octoberfest?

No. They've had a couple of "pop up" events, but they weren't selling at OFest.
East Dallas Ag
AG
Anyone able to get a sample?
Quinn
AG
Why did it take them forever to open? Seemed like construction would never end on their spot in the shopping center.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quinn said:

Why did it take them forever to open? Seemed like construction would never end on their spot in the shopping center.
Their SBA loan got caught in the gov't shutdown a while back, which delayed everything else.

I hope they make it, but it will be tough. Atomic Pie closing will help though.
Quinn
AG
Gotcha, that's too bad. Pretty ****ty timing if they finally open when all this started going down.
schwabbin
AG
Craft brewery within walking distance of thousands in LH would have to try hard to fail I'd think.
Red Rover
AG
This is really good beer, by the way. Their coffee stout had good flavor but wasn't over-powering, their lemon "saison" wasn't overly sweet like I was afraid it would be, and their light lager was really fantastic for a lager. No odd aftertaste like you get with many of the craft brewery groups. I'd put them on par with Peticolas and Community, who each produce a top-10 favorite beer for me.
riverrataggie
AG
Red Rover said:

This is really good beer, by the way. Their coffee stout had good flavor but wasn't over-powering, their lemon "saison" wasn't overly sweet like I was afraid it would be, and their light lager was really fantastic for a lager. No odd aftertaste like you get with many of the craft brewery groups. I'd put them on par with Peticolas and Community, who each produce a top-10 favorite beer for me.

I'm drinking all three tonight. We grabbed pizza from there.
powerbelly
AG
That is high praise.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Their Reactance IPA might be my favorite beer of all time. Certainly Top 5. I've had about 6 of their different beers, with all being at least "good", most "quite good", and a few "outstanding".
jagged
AG
Went today for the first time after doing a decent amount of take out.

Very good beer and pizza. Place was pretty jammed. Only workers wearing masks.

Patio was pretty warm and not much is shaded.
powerbelly
AG
Patio needs more shade. Every beer I have had is at least very good. Pizza is excellent.
J.P. 03
AG
Ever since I clicked on this thread, I've started seeing Facebook ads for Fundopolis soliciting investments in Vector Brewing. Anyone know anything about that opportunity or what you get if you invest? I'd love to chip in for the minimum just so I can tell people I'm a bar owner in my spare time.
GarlandAg2012
AG
https://fundopolis.com/raisedetails?id=5cec6608-694c-4a39-a1e2-e0d1309a7f96

They take 8% of their revenue and pay it to investors, you get your money back up to a 1.5x multiple. It can take up to 5 years. It is paid annually. Assuming they survive, worst case scenario would be getting nothing back until the end of the 5 years and then getting it all at the 5 year balloon payment date which would work out to an ~8.44% annual return (1.0844^5=1.5). Considering you will actually get your money sooner than that, its an even better IRR.
J.P. 03
AG
Thanks! While that $50 gift card is tempting if I give them 5 grand, I think I may just stick to the free koozie territory.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.