Metroplex
Sponsored by

Best custom pool builder

13,757 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
Southlake Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know of a good custom home builder in DFW?
752bro4
AG
Pool Quest did mine. Couldn't have been happier. Aggie owned, to boot, if that matters to you.

Pool-Quest.com
hatchback
AG
Pool Environments and Bonick Landscaping are the two custom pool builders my firm uses on our residential projects.
Garrelli 5000
AG
We used Gold Medal out of Frisco. We built the pool at the same time we built our home so I can't say much unfortunately about the process.

Chose them from the 3 our home builder would allow to build simultaneously with the home. The others were Mirage and Riverbend Sandler.

It was a toss up between RB and GM. We chose GM due to a close friends recommendation and they carried the in-floor cleaning system we preferred. IFCs get a bad rap online but so far ours has been great once the initial pebble drop from the plaster was vacuumed out from the 2places the IFC doesn't clean well.

We haven't made it through a season yet (moved into home in October)and we are first time pool owners (read idiots and pay for weekly service until I make the time to learn the equipment and care).

cadetjay02
AG
Which cleaning system did you go with?
Garrelli 5000
AG
Paramount PCC2000
Southlake Ag
AG
Thanks for responses. Anyone else use IFC,s to clean your pool?

Thanks
Hincemm
AG
if username checks out, then I'd steer clear of Claffey Pools (they are over off Kimball or somewhere around there, I think). Have had a few bad experiences with them
mAgnoliAg
AG
Pool Quest
K05
AG
My dad owned a leak detection biz in the metroplex for many years (now my brother owns it). My dad used to speak about a guy that he said built the best, most sound pools (as it relates to potential to leak), he'd ever seen. The guy built one pool at a time, was on the job site daily, and had meticulous attention to detail. I'll ask my dad if he remembers the guys name/company name.

Sorry, that was a lot of build up for nothing.
Southlake Ag
AG
K05 said:

My dad owned a leak detection biz in the metroplex for many years (now my brother owns it). My dad used to speak about a guy that he said built the best, most sound pools (as it relates to potential to leak), he'd ever seen. The guy built one pool at a time, was on the job site daily, and had meticulous attention to detail. I'll ask my dad if he remembers the guys name/company name.

Does your brother know his name!
planoaggie123
AG
We have an issue with our overflow drain not draining.

Is that something your brother would handle? If so, care to share his info?
K05
AG
My Dad (not surprisingly) couldn't recall his name. He did point out that this guy was running his business in the 90's and at that time was ~60 years old. So likely not still in business.

Nonetheless I'll ask my brother if he has recs. I'm sure he does.
K05
AG
His company's name is American Leak Detection. They can certainly help out.
Southlake Ag
AG
K05 said:

My Dad (not surprisingly) couldn't recall his name. He did point out that this guy was running his business in the 90's and at that time was ~60 years old. So likely not still in business.

Nonetheless I'll ask my brother if he has recs. I'm sure he does.
Thanks!
txag2008
AG
I'm singing the "Leak Detection Without Destruction" jingle in my head now.
Southlake Ag
AG
American Leak Detection fixed a leak in my slab at my house about 3 years ago. Does brother recommend any pool builders?
BanderaAg956
752bro4 said:

Pool Quest did mine. Couldn't have been happier. Aggie owned, to boot, if that matters to you.

Pool-Quest.com

Walter is a great guy, build great pools!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Southlake Ag
AG
Thanks. We will contact him
K05
AG
Hey Southlake, sorry for the delay.

Shoot me an email. My brother doesn't really want to name someone publicly given he gets a lot of referrals from various companies.

Gregory dot Knell at uth dot tmc dot edu
ftworthag02
AG
I've also had that song in my head for many years courtesy of the ticket. Very cool. Just curious, where is your Dad from?
K05
AG
South Africa. We immigrated in 1984, my Dad bought ALD in 1988. He owned the DFW franchise until around 2015, then sold it to my oldest brother. My Dad now consults for the corporate office, advising new franchises, troubleshooting, etc. His story is a real "American dream."

3 sons, 1 MD, 1 PhD, 1 business owner. Pretty cool deal.
ftworthag02
AG
That is the real American dream. Your Dad sounds like a smart, hard working, driven person. If my house or one of my customers have a leak on their property I will definitely keep ALD in mind.
LHIOB
AG
Bump

Talking to a few companies about putting in a pool instead of moving to have a pool

Any other suggestions or people to stay away from?
cadetjay02
AG
I've never heard anything good about Hauk experiences. I've personally had a good experience with Riverbend and know several more that share my opinion.
LHIOB
AG
Ive got Riverbend coming out on Thurs. Ive already met with Joy Pools and liked them. A co-worker is currently using them.
YouBet
AG
Southlake Ag said:

K05 said:

Does your brother know his name!
It's clearly Trump. He builds pools!? Holy crap!
benMath08
AG
cadetjay02 said:

I've never heard anything good about Hauk experiences. I've personally had a good experience with Riverbend and know several more that share my opinion.
We're in process of getting quotes. Our Hauk experience was a design with construction proposed over easements and missing some of the basic features we requested, then ghosting us.
LHIOB
AG
Who else are you talking to?
cadetjay02
AG
Not sure where you're at, but Prestige has a good reputation in and around Collin County. I haven't heard of any bad experiences with them and they have done a lot of pools where I live in Prosper.
LHIOB
AG
We are in Plano
investorAg83
AG
A buddy is using Integrity pools in Richardson and has been really happy...I just had them come out for a quote on a pergola and total refurb on our existing pool. I really enjoyed my conversation with them vs. the 2 others that had already come by. I think we're holding off until next season to get everything done at once but I'm 99% sure they're the group for us.
Mojave
AG
Avoid Paul Miller in Keller, at all cost
DouglasPearce
Take a look at Extreme Exteriors out of Aledo. They do very nice work.
benMath08
AG
LHIOB said:

Who else are you talking to?
Custom Outdoor Trends, Riverbend, and Gold Medal. All based on recommendations from the metroplex forum.

So far we've like the design and discussion from the first two. Our initial design consult with Gold Medal is scheduled for Tuesday so we'll see how that one goes.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.