Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dallas Area COVID Approved Outdoor/Private wedding

3,504 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bocephus
El Hombre Mas Guapo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy TexAgs Fam -

In my time here I've watched y'all make some serious moves and pull crazy miraculous things together in relatively short order. I have a new challenge to present the metroplex board that I am pretty confident is right in y'all's wheelhouse.

My beautiful fiance and I are set to get married April 16th and since COVID couldn't wait our incredible Hawaiian wedding will have to. But even if we have to postpone that ceremony, we're dead set on not letting this damn virus keep us from getting married on our wedding day

My amazing fiance has been great through this process and now envisions that we are just going to have a small, simple ceremony with parents and siblings (9-guests, no 3rd party vendors) - while of course obeying social distancing protocols.

And while all of that is true, I really don't want this ceremony to happen in our tiny 70s duplex with no backyard...

Does anyone own a piece of property nearby the metroplex with a nice setting to get married by (big tree, body of water, etc...), a sweet backyard setup that could accommodate, or another space that could work? Or does anyone know of any good spots like gated community neighborhood parks or somewhere without a ton of traffic where we could throw down some chairs (properly spaced) and some quick decorations?

Thinking the whole ordeal could be over start to finish (including setup and teardown) in less than 90-min. We don't have a ton of free cashflow at the moment (vendors for HI wedding wont refund anything) but we are happy to repay the sponsor for their time.

Really open to any ideas or suggestions and appreciate any prayers you send our way in these tough times.

Thanks TexAgs Fam
proc
AG
My first thought was Cleburne State Park.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/cleburne
PlanoAg98
AG
Wouldn't 9 guests exceed the limit of 10? 1 groom, 1 bride, 1 priest, 7 guests.
mts6175
AG
You could try LC Ranch or Warren's Backyard in Granbury. They are indoor/outdoor venues. They have their own service providers, but given the circumstances, they may just let you rent the venue and bring your own catering/bar service.
jograki
AG
If you have a little bit of budget, certain wedding venues outside of Dallas County are allowing "elopement style" ceremonies for under 10 for about $200-500, with the higher price ones including officiant, boxed up food, etc. My wedding was also supposed to be in two weeks, canceled for now, but the venue will let me come in the day of for a tiny ceremony with a few folks.

For park ideas, I know Plano parks are one of the few still open as long as there is social distancing. Not sure if the city will still collect rental fees so maybe call and check. Haggard Park has a pretty gazebo, and Arbor Hills has this cool elevated pavilion/observation deck. That's my backup plan for photos if the venue has to be shut down.

Tmoneyag99
AG
El Hombre Mas Guapo said:

Howdy TexAgs Fam -

In my time here I've watched y'all make some serious moves and pull crazy miraculous things together in relatively short order. I have a new challenge to present the metroplex board that I am pretty confident is right in y'all's wheelhouse.

My beautiful fiance and I are set to get married April 16th and since COVID couldn't wait our incredible Hawaiian wedding will have to. But even if we have to postpone that ceremony, we're dead set on not letting this damn virus keep us from getting married on our wedding day

My amazing fiance has been great through this process and now envisions that we are just going to have a small, simple ceremony with parents and siblings (9-guests, no 3rd party vendors) - while of course obeying social distancing protocols.

And while all of that is true, I really don't want this ceremony to happen in our tiny 70s duplex with no backyard...

Does anyone own a piece of property nearby the metroplex with a nice setting to get married by (big tree, body of water, etc...), a sweet backyard setup that could accommodate, or another space that could work? Or does anyone know of any good spots like gated community neighborhood parks or somewhere without a ton of traffic where we could throw down some chairs (properly spaced) and some quick decorations?

Thinking the whole ordeal could be over start to finish (including setup and teardown) in less than 90-min. We don't have a ton of free cashflow at the moment (vendors for HI wedding wont refund anything) but we are happy to repay the sponsor for their time.

Really open to any ideas or suggestions and appreciate any prayers you send our way in these tough times.

Thanks TexAgs Fam

Harry Myers Park in Rockwall

Or even better:

Terry Park in Heath.

Terry park is right on Lake Ray Hubbard.

Harry Myers has a few ponds and a little Farm House that people are always using for pictures.

Good luck and I wish you the best.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Thanks for the suggestions - Will look into all of the above
Kellso
You should go virtual. Have everyone get drunk and celebrate at home....but do it all together at the same time.

I was supposed to be at a wedding today in Houston and this is how the groom is improvising.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Do you have any of the names of these places? Tried to look online didn't see anything - but I don't have a Facebook / social media so I may have just missed it all...

Thanks man - one of those places may be the ticket
jograki
AG
So these are what I've been seeing the last couple weeks in a local FB group, some may not be current if it's in Dallas County: The Reserve at Ranger Creek Ranch, Hidden Creek, The Mill Mckinney, Chapel at Chestnut Square, Avalon Legacy Ranch, Rustic Grace Estate, Stem & Light, Whispering Oaks

If your fiancee is on Facebook, the group is called "COVID 19 and WEDDINGS POSTPONED or CANCELLED"
aglaohfour
AG
Have you looked on AIRBNB? There are some lovely homes on there with nice backyards. Before we moved into a house that was conducive to entertaining large groups, we did several big parties at an AIRBNB in Fort Worth that we rented for two nights. Having the venue overnight the night before a function makes it so much easier. I would think this would be much less expensive than a traditional wedding venue.
Bocephus
AG
How tight are you on cash? Do you need beer money?
CampingAg
AG
Username checks out.
jograki
AG
OP, I think today's state mandate now has all venues closed and not just Dallas County's and it says till April 30. We are probably just gonna do something in our backyard now and "re-enactment" pictures some other time at the venue.
agdaddy04
AG
Are they going to allow you to use your HI reservations when all this is lifted or are you just out the money?
jsdaltxag
I thought state declaration mandated all should be cancelled (postponed). Do not make other people sick!!
Bocephus
AG
jsdaltxag said:

I thought state declaration mandated all should be cancelled (postponed). Do not make other people sick!!

Pretty sure the state said nothing about weddings specifically.

Take your panic to the "Karen" board.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.