Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

383,199 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/collin-county-man-tests-presumptive-positive-for-coronavirus-officials/2327049/
Bones08
AG
I've been jarring my urine for weeks. I'm ready.
The Collective
AG
Bones08 said:

I've been jarring my urine for weeks. I'm ready.

Junior Miller likes this.
MGS
Frisco ISD press release, parent of a child at Tadlock ES:

https://www.friscoisd.org/news/district-headlines/2020/03/09/a-letter-from-dr.-waldrip-regarding-covid-19
cadetjay02
AG
I'm a FISD teacher and the admin sent out an email Saturday that said if you travel to China, Korea, & Italy over spring break you have to stay home for 14 days after you get back. I checked tickets to Rome immediately but my wife said no.
The Shank Ag
cadetjay02 said:

I'm a FISD teacher and the admin sent out an email Saturday that said if you travel to China, Korea, & Italy over spring break you have to stay home for 14 days after you get back. I checked tickets to Rome immediately but my wife said no.
Would they make you use sick/personal days?

When I was at Garland ISD, I went on my honeymoon the week before finals and only had 4.5 days of that time left. They docked me .5 of a day in pay despite me getting it signed off on by my department head and my principal.
Ag CPA
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Italy just quarantined the entire country so that was a good choice.

Carroll ISD is doing the same thing and just announced that students that travel to those countries have to get screened before returning to school.
exitone
AG
If you haven't seen this dashboard from John Hopkins, check it out. It shows confirmed cases world wide.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

I live in Allen and had heard about the Frisco patient this morning, so being a data person, I went to check if this had been registered yet and I don't see Frisco, but I do see a case for McKinney. I assuming this is the same case and just mis-reported.
Goose
AG
exitone said:

If you haven't seen this dashboard from John Hopkins, check it out. It shows confirmed cases world wide.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

I live in Allen and had heard about the Frisco patient this morning, so being a data person, I went to check if this had been registered yet and I don't see Frisco, but I do see a case for McKinney. I assuming this is the same case and just mis-reported.
Or a Mckinney address that's within FISD.
PatAg
AG
exitone said:

Presumptive isnt the same as confirmed
cadetjay02
AG
I currently have 72 state personnel days saved up so making me use my days isn't a deal breaker. I've got a corps buddy at Aviano AFB in Italy right now and they're on week 3 of no school. No big deal except they just closed to ski area so now they actually have to stay home during the day.
wangus12
AG
Its listed as Collin County. County seat is McKinney
MGS
Looks like his wife and one of the kids has tested positive
exitone
AG
wangus12 said:

Its listed as Collin County. County seat is McKinney
Bethca thats it.

To quote Jar Jar Binks.... "yusa smart"
EastSideAg2002
*Dallas County has joined the chat.*
nai06
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

*Dallas County has joined the chat.*
Tarrant County too

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/first-presumptive-positive-case-of-coronavirus-confirmed-in-tarrant-county/2327961/
Post removed:
by user
jpd301
AG
St Rita Catholic School and Ursaline Academy reportedly closed due to presumptive cases in their shared community.
AgFB
AG
hatchback
AG
Dallas St. Patrick's Day parade has been canceled.

rsf0626
Dammit. The best day of the year in Dallas ruined
rsf0626
752bro4
AG
jpd301 said:

St Rita Catholic School and Ursaline Academy reportedly closed due to presumptive cases in their shared community.

The Collective
AG
TCU shutting down fan access to athletic events until first week of April.
AgBQ-00
AG
Spent my lunch hour stocking up on canned goods and freezer stuff. The lines were nuts. Nobody going crazy but definitely a tenseness in the air. Really strange. Be careful out there folks.
Tree Hugger
AG
Mansfield just cancelled the Pickle Parade.
Ervin Burrell
AG
So who's the first on air personality who'll contract the virus?
Bones08
AG
nm
The Shank Ag
Ervin Burrell said:

So who's the first on air personality who'll contract the virus?
Probably skin being around NBA players every other day
MGS
I think it may be best for Norm to take the next few weeks off.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Schools are starting to shut down as well. Wylie ISD is one I know of. They'll be down for all of next week post spring break.
hatchback
AG
Just saw on Twitter that McKinney and Frisco are closed for an extra week.

hatchback
AG
Houston ISD just closed for the rest of the month.

Ag CPA
AG
At the rate this is going I would be shocked if any schools reopen next week, kind of expecting to hear something from Austin in the next day or two mandating closures.
hatchback
AG

schwabbin
AG
I didn't feel like going to church Sunday anyways.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.