Metroplex
Sponsored by

Anyone live in Star Trail in Prosper?

7,960 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ChoppinDs40
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for fellow ags in the neighborhood. Starting a new build out there.

Things you like? Things you don't?
duck79
AG
Moved in at the end of December. Love it so far but I work in Dallas and the drive isn't fun. We previously lived in the Westridge area so we are used to being up north but there isn't really anything close at all to Star Trail.
ChoppinDs40
AG
duck79 said:

Moved in at the end of December. Love it so far but I work in Dallas and the drive isn't fun. We previously lived in the Westridge area so we are used to being up north but there isn't really anything close at all to Star Trail.

From what I can tell, give it 2 years and we'll be right in the thick of it.

Looking forward to the PGA course being that close.
ChoppinDs40
AG
What section are you in?

I actually see a lot of older folks in the hood. I would have expected to see more kids. Maybe it was because of the time of day.
AggieRAGE
AG
Which builder are you using? Checked it out a few weeks ago.
ChoppinDs40
AG
AggieRAGE said:

Highland
duck79
AG
We are in Waterview(American legend directly behind the models). We have a 9yr old boy and 6yr old girl. There are a bunch of 1st and kindergarten aged kids in my area but we haven't come across many 3rd graders(my son). We have seen a bunch of jr high age.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Cool!

We've got a 4 month old (first one) and are over in Parkview.

Your kids go to Boyer right? Or Stuber?

Build isn't scheduled to be done until December :/ let's hope trump wins!
duck79
AG
We kept them at Scott thru the end of the year instead of changing. Next year they will be at Stuber.
ChoppinDs40
AG
duck79 said:

We kept them at Scott thru the end of the year instead of changing. Next year they will be at Stuber.

any rumblings in the hood about when they'll break ground on the Star Trail elementary?
PlanoAg98
AG
What are the lot sizes in this development?
ChoppinDs40
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

What are the lot sizes in this development?
multiple dimensions - they do 55', 65', 76' and 86' wide.

Not sure about depth on the others but ours is 86 x 145. Some are bigger and you pay for that.

http://startrailprosper.com/
ChoppinDs40
AG
AggieRAGE said:

we looked at Britton too. Love their design elements and floorplans but holy moly they are expensive.

A free-standing tub with them was $6,700. $3,100 with highland, for comparison.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

86 x 145
So basically a 1/4 acre? I'm looking for new development up in that area that has minimum 1 acre lots like Fairview. If I lived in BCS I'd live in Millican Reserve that Gabe always talks about.
ChoppinDs40
AG
sure... that'll cost you $1.5MM+

Take a look here. https://drwhomes.com/communities/prosper/christie-farms - I know some people that built out here.

You're about 8 years too late. lol - fastest growing school district in the state for multiple years.

Fairview is really one of the only places that has/had that.

To get minimum 1 acres, you'll have to go out to Gunter, Anna, Melissa, Westin, etc.

I work at 121/DNT and live in Plano. Takes me just as long to get there from my house here as it does from the neighborhood in Prosper.
duck79
AG
2022 iir. That is the one thing I miss the most. Having a school in the neighborhood was nice at Westridge.
AggieRAGE
AG
AggieFanatic - where do you work? Granite park?
ChoppinDs40
AG
AggieRAGE said:

AggieFanatic - where do you work? Granite park?

Really at Legacy/DNT
cadetjay02
AG
I'm about to put my house for sale in Prosper. 80's Ranch house on 1.6 acres off Preston and Prosper Trail. Cody Robinson is going to list it if you're interested. Has a pool and a 1200sqft shop. No HOA!
duck79
AG
Best thing about it, No PID or MUD!!! We have friends that built in creeks of legacy which is about 3 miles further north and due to that being in Celina they have a PID. Star Trail and Lakes of Prosper both have neither and are basically the same area.
ChoppinDs40
AG
duck79 said:

Best thing about it, No PID or MUD!!! We have friends that built in creeks of legacy which is about 3 miles further north and due to that being in Celina they have a PID. Star Trail and Lakes of Prosper both have neither and are basically the same area.

And Celina's water is ESSPENSIVE.

We looked at legacy gardens but didn't feel comfortable with an unproven and new residential builder (risland homes).
FC12
We might work for the same company...just depends on which mid rise at Legacy/121 you're in.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Wife and I are currently in Sherman (southwest side) but would love to move closer to the suburbs and still have some privacy. Sherman seems to be growing and has what we need for now, but the schools aren't that great. We have an 18 month old and another on the way so we have a little bit of time. We've been thinking Anna or Gunter but even Anna is now getting pretty busy. I commute to 121/DNT now and don't mind the drive so that's not a factor.

Would we be late in holding out for another year and a half or two to see what the growth looks like with the continued influx of people moving in or possibly even the DNT expansion? Yes, I know rates are low now and yada yada.
duck79
AG
The drive to 121/DNT isn't bad. Heck I stay on the feeder to avoid tolls and it's only about 20 min from Star Trail. The expansion and growth will be substantial. They finished the feeder road expansion but just started the DNT extension last week. The amount of neighborhoods north of 380 will only get bigger. Between creeks of legacy, star trail, artesia, windsong ranch and a few others that are just in their first phases. Whether you get privacy with a lot all depends on your price range.

There is also a large shopping expansion that just started across from the Gates of Prosper that will bring more options to those of us in the burbs but will also increase the traffic.

If you want land there is an acre community in Celina that is right before the high school. The lots are amazing.
AggieRAGE
AG
What is the name of the community in Celina you are referring to?
duck79
AG
DC Ranch
wsteed311
AG
We are considering Star Trail. Do you guys have an opinion on the neighborhoods a bit further west in the Aubrey area? (Arrowbrooke, Sandbrock Ranch, Union Park). Our little one will go to a private school so not too worried about school district. Just looking for biggest bang for our $$
duck79
AG
We looked at sandbrook briefly as well but it was just to far out for us. We did notice that there is really only one way in and out and that road getting to 380 gets really backed up.

We didn't look at the others.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Not going to get the best bang for your buck in Star Trail. It's a Jerruh property and will be primetime on the roll road once they bring it over 380.

I'd go further north and East (celina and/or Westin).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.