Metroplex
Sponsored by

FSSW leaving YouTubeTV

2,696 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by duck79
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions for FSSW?
aggolfer
AG
Dammit, that was the main reason I dropped Dish to go to YTTV.
ChoppinDs40
AG
HuluTV
LHIOB
AG
aggolfer said:

Dammit, that was the main reason I dropped Dish to go to YTTV.

Same for me
aggolfer
AG
Only one I can see is Hulu or use someone's user/password to watch on Foxsports go or off to Kodi.
culdeus
AG
If you care about rangers, using MLB.TV with a DNS unblocker is perfection. Well worth the $100 bucks and $5/month for DNS.

It gets you around all the commercials, so Angie Stevens is no longer a cornerstone of your evening.

NBA.tv is even easier to get around blackouts if you know someone with cable, or just use a dns unblocker.

Nowadays you can just unblock your fire stick or whatever and the rest of your internet stays as is.
culdeus
AG
You can also get a tmobile code for MLBtv on reddit for about $15 bucks, and a year DNS sub is about $40. Not sure if anyone runs a promo like tmobile does for nba you can get for cheap.
helgs
AG
culdeus said:

You can also get a tmobile code for MLBtv on reddit for about $15 bucks, and a year DNS sub is about $40. Not sure if anyone runs a promo like tmobile does for nba you can get for cheap.
Got any links? Reddit's search tool is trash and I can't find any. TIA!
culdeus
AG
helgs said:

culdeus said:

Got any links? Reddit's search tool is trash and I can't find any. TIA!
Not sure if they are out yet. Usually during the last couple weeks of spring training they release them.
proc
AG
I just dumped Hulu for YTTV, for the AMC channel. Guess I will switch back after Better Call Saul is over.
My Dad Earl
AG
I'm sure this is a negotiating tactic by Youtube TV. They have to get it worked out because the main reason people subscribe to YTTV is because of sports. IIRC, YTTV even marketed themselves as the sports service when they first launched, so this would be a huge blow to their subscriber base.

I'm giving my subscription a few weeks for them to work things out before I switch to something else.
helgs
AG
My Dad Earl said:

I'm sure this is a negotiating tactic by Youtube TV. They have to get it worked out because the main reason people subscribe to YTTV is because of sports. IIRC, YTTV even marketed themselves as the sports service when they first launched, so this would be a huge blow to their subscriber base.

I'm giving my subscription a few weeks for them to work things out before I switch to something else.
It'll likely get resolved, but Sling is in a similar contract dispute and it's been over 6 months with no FSSW. I have YTTV and am pissed. It was literally the perfect streaming/cable service for me and now I can't get Mavs and Rangers.
Danny Vermin
I asked them today when I was canceling and she said it may be a while. I also have dish and it's been since September since they had fssw. I got hulutv today cause I'm not missing of our three teams.
permabull
AG
chick79
AG
Crap! Is this a temporary thing?
AgFB
AG
Ugh. Just made the switch from ATTNow to YTTV.
FTAco07
AG
And we still have Fox Sports! YouTube and Sinclair reaches a temporary agreement to keep it on the air until a final agreement can be reached.
harge57
AG
FTAco07 said:

And we still have Fox Sports! YouTube and Sinclair reaches a temporary agreement to keep it on the air until a final agreement can be reached.

The ease of cancelling these services should put more pressure on the provider to solve these issues, but it gives the content providers more leverage which may ultimately impact the price.
LHIOB
AG
Went to watch the Mavs last night and I still had FSSW...
FTAco07
AG
Fox Sports Southwest announced on Twitter an hour ago that a long term deal has been reached with YouTube!
LHIOB
AG
FTAco07 said:

Fox Sports Southwest announced on Twitter an hour ago that a long term deal has been reached with YouTube!

Awesome
Ervin Burrell
AG

What do they mean by "most"? I haven't had FSSW since Sunday, despite the temporary extension that was announced.
FTAco07
AG
That's odd. My YouTube TV hasn't had an interruption in any FSSW programming.

I'm not sure what they mean by most, candidly I missed that when I first saw the tweet.
duck79
AG
I never lost service either. Strange that some did.
proc
AG
Basketball and hockey suspended, I guess we don't need FSSW after all...
duck79
AG
Man I would love to go back to the time when this was the big worry.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.