Metroplex
Sponsored by

Contractor Referrals for Bathroom Reno in Southwest Ft Worth

1,227 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Sims
ravingfans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, from my other thread in Home Improvement, we all decided my class of '60 Father-In-Law's house needs the sunken bathtub converted to a nice big walk-in shower and shower, and the sunken shower converted to a walk-in closet.

Likely also replacing vanity and removing wallpaper and popcorn ceiling as well.

Could you folks give recommendations on who could do this job at a reasonable cost?

Also, any good real estate agents that can advise us on what the market in So Ft Worth looks like for the next year or so?
Sims
AG
Hold on honey, there are people on the internet that are wrong.
ravingfans
AG
Sims said:

Email me at wsb8753 at gmail.com

Wife is a realtor with Sothebys and focuses on Ft Worth, mostly on the SW side. We're in Wedgewood ourselves.

If you're interested, she can run a market intelligence on your property or one you have in mind. It has great info... about 35 pages PDF. Tax & market value trends... heat maps for transaction activity as well as pricing heat maps. It's pretty dang cool. We did one for our house the other day.

No charge. She'll just need the address.
very cool, Sims--sent the address just now!

RF '83
Sims
AG
Got your email, I'm hoping she'll have it to you before noon today.
Naveronski
AG
Also sending you an email.
Sims
ravingfans
AG
Sims, I can't thank you enough for connecting us with your wife! She is lovely and really knows the market. She spotted some areas right off that need work we were not aware of.

Many of the ideas were consistent with what I was thinking, but I tried to hold my opinion so I could here whether she confirmed or not. I can see your wife is really caring, and did not make us feel rushed at all. She is very consultative.

Now the big decisions--whether to move the shower over or not. If it is even close, I think we will go forward, but will see.

Thanks again!

RF '83
Sims
AG
Hey, Mrs. Sims, come look at the project I just finished!
Quote:

She spotted some areas right off that need work we were not aware of.
Well, I wasn't finished anyway. I'll keep working on it.

That hit home RF! She keeps me honest on my projects. You're right though, she's good at what she does. Thanks for the feedback, she had a good time meeting you and looking at the house.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.