Metroplex
Sponsored by

Un-filed Income Taxes

1,745 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ravingfans
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife has a student who was accepted to A&M but her father hasn't filed his income taxes in 5+ years.

Any CPA recommendations that might be able to handle this quickly? Mid-cities would be ideal.
Quinn
AG
It's the middle of tax season, so I'm not sure quickly will happen at this point. I would guess that you would be looking at getting it done after April 15th.
SuzyQ06
Call Ryan Scharar. Starer Tax

He's a JD/CPA. Your friend probably doesn't need the JD, but Ryan will at least know where to point him/her.

There will likely be penalties and interest, so getting someone with a higher level of experience is important.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I assume this is for his FAFSA?
PooDoo
AG
Yes, it is.
FWCPA05
AG
This is something we handle at our firm, if still looking. We are in southwest Fort Worth (Bryant Irvin and 183), but can handle just about everything remotely with our portal. Averett Financial
ftworthag02
AG
Who dis?
ravingfans
AG
Gwen Grimmett is experienced in prior year taxes for one of my family members I am helping. PM me and I'll get you her contact info. She is in South Ft Worth 3 days a week on a schedule.

FYI, all you need to file is the last 3 years, as anything before that goes by what the Federal govt says you owed. Basically after 3 years from the due date is when you lose the right to file.

It is a problem of penalties and interest if you owe the IRS.

If the IRS owes you, then it is the lost refund amount.

Your CPA will be able to find out what their latest computation is, and you simply go forward from there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.