Metroplex
Sponsored by

Great observer article

2,600 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bocephus
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very very accurate article

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/catch-22-meets-office-space-in-dallas-vice-unit-outcome-11863057
double aught
AG
Incompetence from the City of Dallas. Shocking.
powerbelly
AG
Chief Hall has been a total ****ing disaster from day one. She moves swiftly from one blunder to the next and is clearly unqualified for the job.
TresPuertas
AG
It's like, if you hire someone because of their race and gender only and don't look at all at their qualifications, bad things happen?

Who wouldn't have thunk it?
TresPuertas
AG
powerbelly said:

Chief Hall has been a total ****ing disaster from day one. She moves swiftly from one blunder to the next and is clearly unqualified for the job.

It still blows my mind that she couldn't wear a uniform for 6 months because she couldn't pass the qualification exam. This is the chief. Of police. In Dallas.
YouBet
AG
She's an absolute disaster and needs to be removed. But then, so does about 95% of our elected officials in this city and county.
culdeus
AG
What happened to kunkle?
Czechs Out 03
AG
This happened to Kunkle...
Greggo: We're talking to the number one cop in Dallas, the #1 cop, the commissioner, chief of police, David Kunkle.

What umm, do you like this gig?

Kunkle: No. I, I, uh, uh, uh love my job. It's a. .. .

Greggo: I the, that wasn't the question. Do youdo do do you like your job?

Kunkle: No, I said, do i love, maybe i didn't understand the question.

Greggo: Ok. I, I mean do you like being chief of police.
Kellso
powerbelly said:

Honest question:
How would YOU be able to know if the Chief was qualified or not?
powerbelly
AG
Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

Honest question:

Her performance has shown she isn't qualified.
Kellso
powerbelly said:

Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

Honest question:

No **** that.

are you a cop? LEO?

How in the world would you know she isn't qualified?

What gives you that sort of credence to know what is involved in being an effective Police Chief?

I certainly don't have those answers. I know there is a LEO that post on this board that i think is the OP....but again im not sure what give YOU power to tell who is qualified or not.
powerbelly
AG
So I only get an opinion if I am a cop? That is bull*****

But here:

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/news/she-is-incompetent-harsh-words-for-dallas-police-chief-renee-hall-as-two-organizations-call-for-her-firing/287-9e57e778-372b-427f-89be-121dd86481fd

Kellso
powerbelly said:

But here:

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/news/she-is-incompetent-harsh-words-for-dallas-police-chief-renee-hall-as-two-organizations-call-for-her-firing/287-9e57e778-372b-427f-89be-121dd86481fd

got it.
You don't have your own opinion. You are just regurgitating what other people think.

I've been on this board for over 20 years. I know exactly WHY you think she's unqualified. You are just too big of a ***** to actually admit it.

Texags posters are now linking articles from the Dallas observer....I think I've seen it all.

I have no clue if Hall is an effective Police Chief or not.....but to state she was unqualified for the position is blatantly false.
YouBet
AG
Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

But here:

got it.
You don't have your own opinion. You are just regurgitating what other people think.

I've been on this board for over 20 years. I know exactly WHY you think she's unqualified. You are just too big of a ***** to actually admit it.

Texags posters are now linking articles from the Dallas observer....I think I've seen it all.

I have no clue if Hall is an effective Police Chief or not.....but to state she was unqualified for the position is blatantly false.
If you are going to split hairs, she may have been initially qualified, but her performance while here clearly shows she needs to be removed.
powerbelly
AG
Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

But here:

got it.

Please, tell me why.

Is it because she didn't meet the initial qualifications required? Or took 5 months to pass the test to allow her to wear her uniform? Or maybe when she went completely silent during her sick leave? Or maybe reassigning capable and effective officers for no justifiable reason? Or how she completely mishandled this vice squad?
TresPuertas
AG
Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

But here:

got it.

I think what I posted earlier is proof positive that she's probably unqualified. She couldn't wear a uniform for her first 6 months because she couldn't pass the qualification test. And she made an 83 when she finally did pass.

This is not opinion. This is absolute fact.

Another fact, Renee Hall took an extended leave of absence for an unspecified "major surgery". Worse is that she didn't really tell anyone and just fell off the map and didn't really inform anyone until a week after she was gone.

Another fact that can't be denied is the increase in violent crime since she took her position. And the fact that the highway patrol has been called in to assist because DPD officers can't handle certain areas.

And one thing I can tell you is that I know several DPD officers and many have no confidence in her leadership. To the point where there have been 2 attempted mutinies to have her removed.

My problem isn't her race or gender. I would support ANYONE who was effective in making our city a safer place, regardless of race or gender. My problem is that it appears she was hired because of her race and/or gender and her qualifications and experience Didn't seem to be a high priority
Bocephus
AG
Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

Honest question:

No **** that.

are you a cop? LEO?

What gives you that sort of credence to know what is involved in being an effective Police Chief?

I certainly don't have those answers. I know there is a LEO that post on this board that i think is the OP....but again im not sure what give YOU power to tell who is qualified or not.

I would make an argument that when a chief of any department makes the statement that poverty/inability to get a job causes violent crime, that's a red flag that they are way out of their depth. I don't think you need to be a LEO to see that.
Bocephus
AG
Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

But here:

got it.

She actually WAS unqualified. She spent the minimal time in patrol and went directly to community policing and internal affairs in Detroit. She was never a chief in Detroit. She has no actual experience overseeing a patrol or any kind of operational unit. I'd be willing to bet that the average rookie officer in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio has more career arrests than she does. She has no skins on the wall and has not displayed any leadership since she took the job. She is an attractive woman who has a masters degree and who interviews well. That was enough to get her this job.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Please point out performance examples that demonstrate she was qualified.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Kellso is one of those people that thinks you need to have coached the NE Patriots before you are allowed to criticize poor coaching. All the while, any moron (well, almost any moron) could see she wasn't remotely ready to handle this job.

The complete MIA during the surgery was something I must admit that I have never, ever seen from the leader of an organization of any size. Well, except for maybe Susan Hawk. The nutbar DA who did what the chief needs to do, resign.
Bocephus
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Kellso is one of those people that thinks you need to have coached the NE Patriots before you are allowed to criticize poor coaching. All the while, any moron (well, almost any moron) could see she wasn't remotely ready to handle this job.

The complete MIA during the surgery was something I must admit that I have never, ever seen from the leader of an organization of any size. Well, except for maybe Susan Hawk. The nutbar DA who did what the chief needs to do, resign.

Hawk was in a mental health facility. Can't do much when you're inside. I still think she got screwed over but that is my opinion. If she had cancer instead of depression, she would still be our DA.
The Collective
AG
If they want a minority candidate, there are plenty of qualified individuals that could be hired for this job.
Bocephus
AG
I Have Spoken said:

If they want a minority candidate, there are plenty of qualified individuals that could be hired for this job.

Mesquite chief comes to mind, but I doubt he would ever go back
dcAg
Far cry from Chief Brown. That guy was the best. Hall was never qualified...EVER. Posters above have repeadedly put up facts to back up her lack of pretty much everything...
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

Kellso said:

powerbelly said:

Honest question:

No **** that.

are you a cop? LEO?

My brother-in-law is a recently retired DPD sergeant whose opinion of her qualifications and job performance I would repeat, but I don't want to be put in time out.
Bocephus
AG
dcAg said:

Far cry from Chief Brown. That guy was the best. Hall was never qualified...EVER. Posters above have repeadedly put up facts to back up her lack of pretty much everything...

He wasn't the best, but he was qualified. Hall is smart but Brown is a lot smarter. Can be a good & bad thing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.