Metroplex
Sponsored by

Reasonable Tree Trimming Cost

1,088 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AW 1880
Bunbury
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a decent sized live oak and red oak in the front yard, and most quotes have been around $1000 to get the trimmed. Is that a good price, or should I expect to bargain or negotiate? Does anyone have recommendations for a good company or person?
AgCanuck07
AG
Man, I find that nothing varies more than estimates for tree trimming. We have had good experience with Sam Hill Tree Care in the past.
planoaggie123
AG
Initial reaction is that seems high. My previous house had 3 trees. 2 mid-size and 1 small. Never paid more than $500 in total for all 3 to be trimmed. I still thought that seemed high.

Edit: We go through G&R Tree Service...
Red Rover
AG
Is paying an Arborist to trim trees really that necessary? We have been paying Arborists to trim our trees for years now while my neighbor across the street trims his himself and his trees don't look any different from ours.

I'm thinking about trimming mine this year as well. May even ask him if we could help each other with larger branches. Is there some big reason to use an Arborist? Insurance in case of accident? Does it really make a difference to the trees or is that just a sales point?
The Collective
AG
Red Rover said:

Does it really make a difference to the trees or is that just a sales point?

Dont let the tree know you are lacking the proper formal education, and it should be ok.
AW 1880
AG
I've always trimmed my own trees, but after ten years in this house there are some spots I can't get to that need a little trimming. Also, the haul off can be a huge pain.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.