Metroplex
Sponsored by

Sourcing a Teardown / Lot? - East Dallas (Lakewood)

3,355 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Robert C. Christian
Boat Shoes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're interested in building a custom home in the Lakewood area of East Dallas, specifically on Winton, Anita, Ellsworth, or Kenwood, east of Abrams. We've tried to spread the word to folks in the vicinity to be on the lookout for opportunities, and of course we are monitoring the MLS. The area is active with builders so I assume the competition will be strong. Rather than work with a builder already in the construction process, we'd prefer to purchase the lot ourselves and work with an architect to design exactly what we want, then bid the job out to a builder. Does anyone have advice on how to accomplish this?

Does anyone have leads on teardown properties in this area? Or know folks experienced in this type of activity who could help?

Thanks!
hatchback
AG
I've got a good friend who is one of the top realtors at Ebby Halliday Lakewood who could help you find a lot in Lakewood.

Also, I'm a residential architect and would love the opportunity to have your business. Shoot me an email: nj (dot) thorn at gmail.

*Edit to add: I realize I never responded to your post a few months ago. I apologize. Things got really busy as a project began construction. I'd love to talk more.*
TresPuertas
AG
I own a duplex on Anita and we are constantly getting calls from investors and builders about selling it.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk about it if you want.
BoomGoesThe
There is a house across the street from me that long term renters (around 20 years) moved out of a month ago and it is sitting empty with no sign out front. It's definitely a tear down, but it's further south than the area you are looking. It's in Lakewood Hills.
riverrataggie
AG
There is a house that is for rent down the street on Alexander. They may not be looking to sell but for the right price.
aggiefan83
AG
What's your budget for an empty lot? I may know of something.

Email me if you like.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Potential for severe weather this afternoon/evening.

TresPuertas
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Potential for severe weather this afternoon/evening.

Are you posting this In The hopes that some houses get blown away and there are more lots avail to buy?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Lol, on mobile, and thought I was posting on the winter weather thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.