Metroplex
Sponsored by

Nice Frisco Area Apartment

2,085 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by powerbelly
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter may be moving from the Village in North Dallas to Frisco for a job opportunity.
Wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a 1 BR/1BA apartment.
The jobs that she is looking at are in Downtown Frisco (Main St) and the other near Legacy & 121 area.
Any help would be appreciate.
cadetjay02
AG
Split the difference and get one at the tollway and Lebanon. There are a few on Parkwood right there as well. All of them would be fine.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Split the difference and get one at the tollway and Lebanon. There are a few on Parkwood right there as well. All of them would be fine.
Thanks I will let her know
752bro4
AG
Moving to Frisco as a (presumably) single/young person sounds like a horrible idea.

At worst, do something in Legacy/Legacy West or further south in Addison.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

The morning and evening rush hour traffic is horrible in these areas. No need to live close the bars/clubs and have to fight traffic every weekday. Just Uber when you want to go the the bars.
powerbelly
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

The morning and evening rush hour traffic is horrible in these areas. No need to live close the bars/clubs and have to fight traffic every weekday. Just Uber when you want to go the the bars.
Most young singles go out to bars/restaurants more than just on weekends. Better to live closer to where the singles are than having to travel 30 minutes every time someone wants to meet up for a drink.
752bro4
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

Username checks out?

Going from Village to suburbia hell is going to be a culture shock in and of itself. At least soften the blow and live where other non-families live.
Matsui
AG
Living around legacy and legacy west would be cool for sure.
Duncan Idaho
The only people in the dating pool that far north are divorced, cheating on their wife or living in their parents house
miller0926
AG
I'm in my 20's and live in Austin Ranch and love it. It's alot more affordable than Legacy West. About 3-5 minutes from Legacy west/Shops at Legacy and would probably be 10-15 minutes from where she works.

https://toapts.com/
FC12
I would take a look at Legacy West.
Duncan Idaho
Did they address the scorpion problem?

I was dating a chick that was one of the first residents at Austin ranch....she was able to break the lease after 1 month due to the scorpion infestation.

I mean like you had to shake out your shoes or use a uv flash flight to go to the bathroom at night so you didnt step on them.
miller0926
AG
Ha never heard of this. What year are we talking?
Duncan Idaho
2001-2003 timeframe
DallasAggie89
AG
Rules?
txag2008
AG
That's like asking if the US took care of the Clinton presidency problem. It was 18-19 years ago...
Duncan Idaho
txag2008 said:

That's like asking if the US took care of the Clinton presidency problem. It was 18-19 years ago...

Big difference is the scorpions were a bad thing
John Francis Donaghy
Duncan Idaho said:

txag2008 said:

Big difference is the scorpions were a bad thing

Do you have a better way to get rocked like a hurricane?
John Francis Donaghy
To bring it back to the OP. There are lots of very nice, new apartments in the area.

For a youngish single person, proximity to Legacy/Legacy West is ideal. The social life still won't be what it was in the city, but that area is probably as good as it gets in the suburbs.
Garrelli 5000
AG
My wife and I spent 4 months in the Plaza at Frisco Square last year. It was our first time in an apt in a decade and we actually loved it.

Its fairly quiet but there are plenty of restaurants/bars/etc. that you can walk to. There are a wide range of ages that live there, but we found it typically to be a bit older crowd.

The management at the facility is the best we've ever experienced for an apartment.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Thank you everyone for the input I will send along the tips.
Now she just needs to land one of the jobs out there.
Ag CPA
AG
Love how the Dallas SoMo crowd jumps on people wanting to commute in from Plano and Frisco for wasting their life behind the wheel, yet when the tables are turned it's crazy to give up a short drive to the bar for a short commute.
Post removed:
by user
powerbelly
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Ag CPA said:

Love how the Dallas SoMo crowd jumps on people wanting to commute in from Plano and Frisco for wasting their life behind the wheel, yet when the tables are turned it's crazy to give up a short drive to the bar for a short commute.

Not to mention not every young single person spends a ton of time in bars. I sure didn't, there are other things to do.
Bar is a proxy for hanging out with friends your age. Substitute rec league, dinner, coffee, bookclub, d&d. Whatever floats your boat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.