Metroplex
Sponsored by

How is living in Savannah?

2,973 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cadetjay02
Raptor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at some houses in Little Elm and a couple of nice properties popped up in Savannah. Anyone know anything about that little town?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

jpd301
AG
Test your commute on an actual weekday... US 380 can be a nightmare and is about to undergo major reconstruction and widening.

Check the taxes though - most (maybe all) of Savannah is in unincorporated Denton County and in a fresh water supply district. The property taxes may be considerably higher than many Cities. Parts of Savannah are at 96 cents per 100 of value while Little Elm is at 66 cents per hundred.

With that said, watch out though some for of the new parts of Little Elm like Union Park have both the city tax rate and a municipal maintenance district that is clipping along at like 52 cents for a combined tax rate of over $1.18 per 100 of value.
cadetjay02
AG
I live in Prosper and avoid 380 whenever possible. Where do you work that location seems like the best option? Are schools a concern, if so what age?
Raptor
AG
Wife is looking at Prosper ISD to work. I can commute anywhere within 30-40 minutes of our home.

cadetjay02
AG
What content certifications does she have? My wife and I teach in Frisco.
I'm not sure that you'll be happy living in the 380 corridor. There are a fair amount of things nearby, but it will be slow getting there and then when you want to go beyond it's slow getting to the tollway or 35.
If you don't have a realtor, I'd talk to Cody who sponsors this board about areas. He lives in Prosper and would be able to direct you to other areas within your budget.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
cadetjay02 said:

I'm not sure that you'll be happy living in the 380 corridor. There are a fair amount of things nearby, but it will be slow getting there and then when you want to go beyond it's slow getting to the tollway or 35.
If you don't have a realtor, I'd talk to Cody who sponsors this board about areas. He lives in Prosper and would be able to direct you to other areas within your budget.
Thanks for the shout out, CadetJay!

To the OP....I do live in Prosper and have lived in Frisco/Prosper for over 20 years. I help tons of clients in this area. Would love to chat. Feel free to call or email:

Cell 972-365-0432
Cody@MyRobinsonTeam.com

Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Raptor
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Wife has SPED EC-12, Generalist EC-6, TVI cert, PPR, and ESL supplemental with a Masters in SPED. She's been a PPCD teacher for 11 years. She wants to be a Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI).

We have looked at Frisco ISD and Plano as possible destinations. Hopefully some of those will have openings soon.

Raptor
AG
HomeFinderCody said:

cadetjay02 said:

To the OP....I do live in Prosper and have lived in Frisco/Prosper for over 20 years. I help tons of clients in this area. Would love to chat. Feel free to call or email:

Cell 972-365-0432
Cody@MyRobinsonTeam.com

All of our moving depends on where she lands a TVI job. We could find the perfect house, but wouldn't know if we'll be living in North Dallas or San Antonio. We're currently in Carrollton and are just learning about different areas to be ready to move, if and when she gets her new position.

I teach middle school and can work just about any school that needs a former coach, athletic coordinator, and Science/Social Studies guy (and/or AVID). I love my current job, so driving a little bit to get here doesn't deter me from living farther north.

cadetjay02
AG
That's a very specific job and as you know not very common. Good luck and hopefully she finds a spot somewhere.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Raptor said:

HomeFinderCody said:

cadetjay02 said:

Cell 972-365-0432
Cody@MyRobinsonTeam.com

All of our moving depends on where she lands a TVI job. We could find the perfect house, but wouldn't know if we'll be living in North Dallas or San Antonio. We're currently in Carrollton and are just learning about different areas to be ready to move, if and when she gets her new position.

I teach middle school and can work just about any school that needs a former coach, athletic coordinator, and Science/Social Studies guy (and/or AVID). I love my current job, so driving a little bit to get here doesn't deter me from living farther north.
Sounds great. I'm always here if you need to talk through any area. I work all over D/FW.

Gig'em!

Cody
Raptor
AG
cadetjay02 said:

That's a very specific job and as you know not very common. Good luck and hopefully she finds a spot somewhere.

Thanks!

Diamond Dogs
S
We live in Wildridge off 720 in Little Elm. Like the location, good amenities and not too crowded....yet.
FC12
Savannah is very "meh" in my opinion. Check crime maps. 380 is an absolute nightmare. If you are going for 380, try to at least get in the east side of 1385 as they are mostly zoned to Prosper. Friends just moved into a new home just north of fish trap and 1385 in Prosper ISD.

We live in Frisco down 423. Do your best to get in Frisco ISD or Prosper. Neighborhoods to consider where prices are lower but still in FISD would be Sunset Pointe, Eldorado Estates III (East of 423), and then anything north of Eldorado and east of 423.
Raptor
AG
I literally had never heard of Savannah before the search.

Thanks for all the advice.

cadetjay02
AG
Paging Raptor-
Raptor
AG
Good bull!!

HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Good Bull, Jay!
cadetjay02
AG
If she's going to apply, I can get you the name of the specific SPED director for email follow up purposes.
Raptor
AG
cadetjay02 said:

If she's going to apply, I can get you the name of the specific SPED director for email follow up purposes.

She's planning on applying early next week.

RaptorTexags at gmail dot com

Thanks again!

cadetjay02
AG
Email sent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.