Metroplex
Sponsored by

Weekday Day drinking

3,340 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94DallasAG
Truman2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What places or area of town is best for weekday day drinking?

Would it be bars around hospital area?
ChoppinDs40
AG
near the intersection of 35 and Wycliff or Oak Lawn. Really vibrant crowd around the bridge.
The Collective
AG
Bring your own trashcan if it is cold.
Truman2001
AG
Y'all joke
Just checked Yelp and it's a category you can search.

Not sure how accurate it is.
ChoppinDs40
AG
In reality though... probably lower Greenville or deep ellum. Or the country club if you're into that kind of thing.

Can always try the titters..
John Francis Donaghy
The least depressing option would probably be a brewery with a patio. Still though....
mavsfan4ever
AG
Top golf may be good.
FincAg
AG
What part of Dallas and what type of scene are you looking for? Food?
Truman2001
AG
FincAg said:

Oh no specific part of Dallas. My question is just in general. where do people day drink during the week when they are on home vacation or working nights or weekends?
hatchback
AG
Cold Beer Company in Deep Ellum is my go to place. Or Goodfriend Burger if I feel like going somewhere a bit more local.
clobby
AG
Truckyard
SbisaVictim95
AG
hatchback said:

Cold Beer Company in Deep Ellum is my go to place.
especially on a Tuesday... burger day!
Matsui
AG
Deep Ellum
AG
Applebees
Decay
AG
I do plenty of day drinking at DFW but it's not really a spur of the moment thing
Kanyes psychiatrist
nYRabAg said:

FincAg said:

Oh no specific part of Dallas. My question is just in general. where do people day drink during the week when they are on home vacation or working nights or weekends?

Most of the older trustafarians drink on Greenville near Dodies, Terillis, etc during the day then when they get their drugs delivered and move down Greenville.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I think Deep Ellum is probably the most fun Lower/est Greenville is great too but i don't think as much is open at lunch.
YouBet
AG
nYRabAg said:

Are you referring to the Medical District? I'm not sure why you would be day drinking over there unless there is some underground bar scene I'm not familiar with?
Truman2001
AG
YouBet said:

nYRabAg said:

Are you referring to the Medical District? I'm not sure why you would be day drinking over there unless there is some underground bar scene I'm not familiar with?

Figured an area where some people work nights.
John Francis Donaghy
YouBet said:

nYRabAg said:

In that part of town it's more of an under-bridge bar scene.
YouBet
AG
nYRabAg said:

YouBet said:

nYRabAg said:

Figured an area where some people work nights.
Nothing over there except for Strokers which is a pretty cool place if you like full on biker bars. Otherwise, go south on Maple until you hit Uptown.
WhoHe
AG
Jorg's in downtown Plano ... awesome little Austrian biergarten open Wed-Fri 11a-2:30p, and opens again at 4:30p
chrisocker
AG
Others have mentioned Deep Ellum, but more specifically I would point out the following places in Deep Ellum:

• Dots
  • Brain Dead Brewing (solid food, too) <-- If you go there ask for Jared, tell him I said hi
  • Stone Deck Pizza for some amazing pizza and good cocktails

If around downtown, check out:

• Crafty Irishman (they have a Crafty Deal which is a pint of Killian's and a lowball of Irish whiskey)
  • Frankie's
  • Press Box Grill
  • One Eyed Penguin (total dive, but the drinks are strong)

If you mozy to Uptown and it's a Thursday, go to Nickel and Rye. $5 burgers and great drink specials Never mind, they closed last month. Katy Trail Ice House is a good alternative, especially for people watching out on the patio (they have fire pits to keep you warm). But it's kind of expensive. The food is a bit overpriced in my opinion, too.

Strong and cheap margaritas with amazing tacos? Gotta hit up Taqueria La Ventana off of McKinney near Spur 366. Margs are something like $3.50/ea

Need a stronger margarita? Get a meltdown at E-Bar Tex Mex just east of 75. $10/ea, but if you don't feel buzzed after one and overly tipsy after two, then you have a drinking problem.

Name an area and I can give you some more spots that are pretty good for day drinking between the weekends.
94DallasAG
AG
chrisocker said:

Others have mentioned Deep Ellum, but more specifically I would point out the following places in Deep Ellum:

• Dots
  • Brain Dead Brewing (solid food, too) <-- If you go there ask for Jared, tell him I said hi
  • Stone Deck Pizza for some amazing pizza and good cocktails

If around downtown, check out:

• Crafty Irishman (they have a Crafty Deal which is a pint of Killian's and a lowball of Irish whiskey)
  • Frankie's
  • Press Box Grill
  • One Eyed Penguin (total dive, but the drinks are strong)

If you mozy to Uptown and it's a Thursday, go to Nickel and Rye. $5 burgers and great drink specials Never mind, they closed last month. Katy Trail Ice House is a good alternative, especially for people watching out on the patio (they have fire pits to keep you warm). But it's kind of expensive. The food is a bit overpriced in my opinion, too.

Strong and cheap margaritas with amazing tacos? Gotta hit up Taqueria La Ventana off of McKinney near Spur 366. Margs are something like $3.50/ea

Need a stronger margarita? Get a meltdown at E-Bar Tex Mex just east of 75. $10/ea, but if you don't feel buzzed after one and overly tipsy after two, then you have a drinking problem.

Name an area and I can give you some more spots that are pretty good for day drinking between the weekends.
I think the fact he is asking about day drinking pretty well covers this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.