Metroplex
Sponsored by

Urban fishing in Dallas

3,165 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JonSnow
JonSnow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any suggestions? Ponds or small lakes. I have a fishing kayak if needed.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
JonSnow said:

Any suggestions? Ponds or small lakes. I have a fishing kayak if needed.

It's not really "urban," but South Lake in Farmersville has a ton of bass in it. I worked in Farmersville, so I'd go in my kayak after work pretty often. Usually would catch at least 10 in a couple of hours on senkos and square bill crank baits. They're all dinks though. Average is 1-2 lbs with the occasional 4.5 lber.
Ornlu
AG
The shallow, stump filled upper reaches of the major lakes (Ray Hubbard, Lewisville, lavon, grapevine, Joe pool) are great bass fishing, albeit mostly in the spring. Kayaks are ideal for that.
jeffag02
Google maps is your friend here. Lots of ponds and smaller lakes all over, especially in some industrial areas you can find some hidden gems loaded with fish. Just be careful with trespassing laws.
Gator92
AG
White Rock Creek just north of Forrest Lane near Medical City holds lots of fish. No Joke. Some deep holes there. Dry fly fishing there is excellent. You'll thank me.
jpd301
AG
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=14Bo6cJ0jDfCcRxRZXK9ANZePLRA&usp=sharing

YouBet
AG
Bachman Lake.

Probably a few three eyed fish in there.
Comeby!
AG
Download Fishbrain. Enjoy!
GarlandAg2012
AG
I see people fishing in Turtle Creek and Exall Lake fairly regularly on my drive home.
Duncan Idaho
Comeby! said:

just turn off notifications
Comeby!
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Comeby! said:

just turn off notifications

No joke! Freaked me out the first time.
ursusguy
AG
If you have a kayak, Bachman probably has one of the best bass fisheries in the area. You have to find the "deeper" holes.....probably cleaner than White Rock Creek, not kidding.
JonSnow
Interesting. I thought the only thing you might catch at Bachman was a dead body. I will have to try that out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.