Metroplex
Sponsored by

Christmas Party Locations?

2 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by _lefraud_
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for ideas to have a group Christmas party, probably up to 30ish families.

Needs to have reasonably priced food, and either sell beer or BYOB.

We've done Hard 8 before, but they're already booked for the day I'm trying to schedule.

What have y'all used?
aezmvp
Have you thought about the rooftop at El Fenix downtown? Not as good as Hard Eight which is a personal favorite, but it's a fun environment and a great view with a largish interior room with a bar to go with the rooftop terrace.
Naveronski
AG
aezmvp said:

Have you thought about the rooftop at El Fenix downtown? Not as good as Hard Eight which is a personal favorite, but it's a fun environment and a great view with a largish interior room with a bar to go with the rooftop terrace.

I have not, but I'll look it up!
FC12
Don't rule out renting space at a nice hotel and having them prepare the food. Plenty of options. Many have set up bars ready to go in the cocktail space.

First thing you need to do is figure out people(quantity). "Families" is broad and could be a ton of people. There are some cool options at the Star in Frisco. Could look at places like Texas De Brazil or similar.
aglaohfour
AG
One idea that I always suggest is to look on Airbnb or VRBO for a big place and hire a caterer. We've done our company Christmas party at an Airbnb the last three years and it's been a huge success. From the large event venues and restaurants with private rooms that I've priced out, it's just about even from a cost standpoint. The added bonus is that there is more flexible space so people are more comfortable and will stay longer, you can set up outdoor games if the weather permits, and there isn't a time limit if you've got the place overnight.

We reserve ours for the night before the party and the night after. So I have plenty of time to meet vendors and get set up, and then when the party is over we leave the place a disaster, lock up and take our drunk asses home to sleep in the next day, and then come back to clean up and meet vendors to pick up rentals.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Maybe the roof of Clover Club. Really neat spot with great drinks.
TexAggee05
AG
https://www.victorsvenue.com/
Kellso
Baby Dolls is the only real answer.
_lefraud_
AG
Nakatomi Plaza?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.