Metroplex
Sponsored by

Ben and Skin the end of an era

18,160 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ElephantRider
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Held onto this one for about 3.5 weeks, right about the time KT signed on to rejoin. They held it super close knit until all contracts were signed, and I asked literally twice a week at hoops club. Super excited for my guys.
big ben
AG
gig em 02 said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Hell, you could tell me those guys went somewhere else and I would believe it. That's how out of touch I am. I seriously don't recall the last time I paid ANY attention to sports radio beyond a 2-3 minute segment listen or a game broadcast. 12-15 years at least.

We can tell how out of touch you are because you are talking about the ticket in the context of sports radio. You get as much or more sports talk from kid kraddick these days, and I don't even know if that show still exists.

Kraddick's been dead over 5 years
culdeus
AG
All that for a non drivetime slot on a station that hasn't been relevant since 1994?
powerbelly
AG
culdeus said:

All that for a non drivetime slot on a station that hasn't been relevant since 1994?
Wait. They aren't in drive time, what the hell is all the buildup for.
culdeus
AG
powerbelly said:

culdeus said:

THEY WANTED CREATIVE CONTROL !@!@!@11!one

ILikeTacos
AG
So is the Russ Martin Show just cutting back to 5-7?

I don't think I understand the Eagle's format anymore...
Old School Brother
culdeus said:

powerbelly said:

culdeus said:

THEY WANTED CREATIVE CONTROL !@!@!@11!one

THEY DON'T WANT TO BE TOLD THEY HAVE TO TALK SPORTS!!!!
Ag CPA
AG
I think the bigger story is that Krystina Ray is joining them, I kind of thought that she was inline to be the next Julie at the Ticket.
BoomGoesThe
I'm not sure being the next in line to do ticket tickers is a higher career slot (granted, I know nothing about radio).
chick79
AG
This may be the most unexciting thread ever on TexAgs. Who the eff cares!
ElephantRider
AG
Meh. I thought their show on the Fan was the perfect ratio of sports and non-sports. I'll check it out, but I'm not sure what to expect. At least KT is back on the air; that's the real story here
ElephantRider
AG
Anyone listen? I only caught bits and pieces. I heart radio blows and I don't care to listen to a whole song every break
AgBQ-00
AG
Heard about an hour of it. Was pretty good. Reminded me of them in their first stint with the fan
dave94
AG
The Ticket sure took the steam out of their first day on the air.

Very Jerry-like stealing the spotlight, but obviously a much bigger deal in the local radio landscape.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

The Ticket sure took the steam out of their first day on the air.
I thought the same.
duck79
AG
I want to listen but man the commercials are waaaaay to long.
ElephantRider
AG
duck79 said:

Yeah they lost me about halfway through today. Just went and listened to G-Bag
The Shank Ag
ElephantRider said:

duck79 said:

Same total amount of commercials, just fewer/longer breaks. 2-20 on 10 off vs 3 13.3 on 6.7 off. I prefer the longer segments
duck79
AG
The Shank Ag said:

ElephantRider said:

duck79 said:

Same total amount of commercials, just fewer/longer breaks. 2-20 on 10 off vs 3 13.3 on 6.7 off. I prefer the longer segments

I assumed that is what they were doing but it sure doesn't feel like the segments are longer. It felt like they would talk for 10-15 min and then go to commercial for 5.
JoCoAg09
AG
powerbelly said:

PatAg said:

TexasAggie008 said:

They're behind every ticket host + Jake in terms of any "top sports radio personalities in Dallas" list

Literally don't know one person that listens to them
That's not what actual listening metrics say.
The highest rated fan show usually finishes behind the lowest rated ticket show for the last several years.
"In the fourth quarter PPM ratings (encompassing Sept. 12-Dec. 4), The Fan beat 1310 The Ticket, 5.5 to 3.3, in the prime time (M-F 6a-7p) of the coveted demographic (Men 25-54).

In Mornings, The Fan's Shan & RJ beat The Ticket's Dunham & Miller, 5.2-3.5.

In Middays, The Fan's mix of Ben & Skin/KC Masterpiece beat The Ticket's Norm Hitzges/BaD Radio, 6.6-3.2.

In Afternoons, The Fan's G-Bag Nation beat The Ticket's Hardline, 4.6-3.1.

In sports radio, ratings for the month of December (when flagship shows typically take vacation) are known as the "Holiday Book" and are less vital. That said, The Fan's edge grew even wider, up to a whopping 6.1-2.6.

Bottom line: For the key three-month period of football season, The Ticket which forever dominated the demo with first-place finishes was 10 overall to The Fan's No. 3. (For what it's worth, 97.1 The Eagle is No. 1)."
ElephantRider
AG
JoCoAg09 said:

powerbelly said:

PatAg said:

TexasAggie008 said:

They're behind every ticket host + Jake in terms of any "top sports radio personalities in Dallas" list

Literally don't know one person that listens to them
That's not what actual listening metrics say.
The highest rated fan show usually finishes behind the lowest rated ticket show for the last several years.
"In the fourth quarter PPM ratings (encompassing Sept. 12-Dec. 4), The Fan beat 1310 The Ticket, 5.5 to 3.3, in the prime time (M-F 6a-7p) of the coveted demographic (Men 25-54).

In Mornings, The Fan's Shan & RJ beat The Ticket's Dunham & Miller, 5.2-3.5.

In Middays, The Fan's mix of Ben & Skin/KC Masterpiece beat The Ticket's Norm Hitzges/BaD Radio, 6.6-3.2.

In Afternoons, The Fan's G-Bag Nation beat The Ticket's Hardline, 4.6-3.1.

In sports radio, ratings for the month of December (when flagship shows typically take vacation) are known as the "Holiday Book" and are less vital. That said, The Fan's edge grew even wider, up to a whopping 6.1-2.6.

Bottom line: For the key three-month period of football season, The Ticket which forever dominated the demo with first-place finishes was 10 overall to The Fan's No. 3. (For what it's worth, 97.1 The Eagle is No. 1)."
So what you're saying is the highest rated ticket show finished behind the lowest rated fan show?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.