Metroplex
Sponsored by

YMCA Camp Grady counselor arrested

2,096 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggolfer
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just putting this out there for anyone who may have kids that attended this camp. My son did the day camp over the summer. He recognized the counselor but didn't remember interacting with him much.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/10/22/man-who-worked-at-ymca-camps-in-north-texas-arrested-on-child-sexual-assault-charge/

Quote:

James Whitney Barth II, 20, was booked into the Palo Pinto County jail Friday on one count of aggravated sexual assault of a child. He was released the same day on $250,000 bond.

According to the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas, a parent recently told the Palo Pinto County Sheriff's Office about an incident their child described occurring in summer 2018 at Camp Grady Spruce on Possum Kingdom Lake.

Quote:

Barth submitted to a polygraph test during that interview and then admitted to having sexual contact with the child, McGuire said. At that point, authorities detained him.

Quote:

The YMCA is asking parents whose children attended those camps to talk to their children and report any inappropriate behavior to authorities the Palo Pinto County Sheriff's Department at 940-659-2085 or the Collin County Sheriff's Department at 972-547-5100.
EastSideAg2002
%$^& like this is why I cannot blame my wife from being paranoid over sending our girls anywhere. We almost sent our daughters to this camp this past summer.
aggielostinETX
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

%$^& like this is why I cannot blame my wife from being paranoid over sending our girls anywhere. We almost sent our daughters to this camp this past summer.
I would guess this was male on male abuse.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
aggolfer
AG
We got the letter in the mail yesterday. My son was at the Collin County Adventure Camp a few weeks last summer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.