Metroplex
Sponsored by

outfitting new house (Dallas) with blinds - recs?

1,599 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dynamite08
TexasAggie008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anyone has any area recs / general advice on how to end up with a decent product + non-ripoff price, please let me know!

WGann3
AG
I didn't care for the blinds my house up in McKinney had that we bought back in May so we had Nebraska Furniture Mart come out and measure/install PVC shutters and I love them. They're ridiculously durable. I realize you mentioned blinds and not shutters, but they may do blinds as well so maybe check them out. If you've got some interest in the shutters I'd be happy to take some photos of how they turned out, just let me know your email.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Ikea recently started selling their extremely affordable smart blinds. Options are a little limited right now but bang for the buck seems solid to me.
Matsui
AG
I just went to hd and customized what I wanted. Easy.
John Francis Donaghy
If you're going to go with traditional DIY blinds, the Levelor brand at Lowes is much higher quality than Home Depot's blinds, and not much more expensive.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
WGann3 said:

I didn't care for the blinds my house up in McKinney had that we bought back in May so we had Nebraska Furniture Mart come out and measure/install PVC shutters and I love them. They're ridiculously durable. I realize you mentioned blinds and not shutters, but they may do blinds as well so maybe check them out. If you've got some interest in the shutters I'd be happy to take some photos of how they turned out, just let me know your email.
Thinking about shutters as well. I know NFM is really competitive on most stuff...did you get several shutter quotes?
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
WGann3
AG
HomeFinderCody said:

WGann3 said:

Thinking about shutters as well. I know NFM is really competitive on most stuff...did you get several shutter quotes?
We did more asking around to get an idea of what we should expect and were pleased with the number NFM came up with so we really didn't shop around any after that. I've had a great experience with them on all things furniture in the past so was happy to give them the work. Let me know if you want me to text you over any photos or you're welcome to come by and see them in person any time, they turned out really great.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
WGann3 said:

HomeFinderCody said:

WGann3 said:

We did more asking around to get an idea of what we should expect and were pleased with the number NFM came up with so we really didn't shop around any after that. I've had a great experience with them on all things furniture in the past so was happy to give them the work. Let me know if you want me to text you over any photos or you're welcome to come by and see them in person any time, they turned out really great.
Might take you up on that if we get more serious....Hope all is well! Let me know if you need anything, as always.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
ChoppinDs40
AG
check out Costco services too.
Texas Ag Mom
I am going to get shutters soon. I know multiple people that have used Shutter Up Quick & been very pleased w/the quality & price.

http://www.shutterupquick.com/
YouBet
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

I am going to get shutters soon. I know multiple people that have used Shutter Up Quick & been very pleased w/the quality & price.

http://www.shutterupquick.com/

Is this compatible with wives?
wbt5845
AG
I know plantation shutters are really popular in Texas. However, we lived in Seattle several years and the vertical blinds are more popular there. The added benefit - NO DUSTING.

When we moved back, we went vertical blinds everywhere and have loved them.
ChoppinDs40
AG
wbt5845 said:

I know plantation shutters are really popular in Texas. However, we lived in Seattle several years and the vertical blinds are more popular there. The added benefit - NO DUSTING.

like the hanging ones that you see on Apartment balconies and never work right after someone twists one the wrong way?
wbt5845
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

wbt5845 said:

like the hanging ones that you see on Apartment balconies and never work right after someone twists one the wrong way?
Yes, except you take care of them and they look fine.
Rice and Fries
wbt5845 said:

AggieFanatic09 said:

wbt5845 said:

Yes, except you take care of them and they look fine.

[link]https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-v0eHX3n28wvoQ[/link]
Dynamite08
AG
We did this last year. Guy was an Ag and did a great job for a reasonable price. Blinds throughout the whole house after a re-model. Pate with Budget Blinds (817) 291-5961
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.