Metroplex
Sponsored by

3000 acre development near Anna and Van Alstyne

2,515 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wbt5845
AW 1880
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2019/09/13/hong-kong-firm-starts-6000-home-community-north-of-dallas-in-collin-and-grayson-counties/

Just heard about this. Anybody else have any other info?
YouBet
AG
Wow. This area is insane right now with population and development.
Carlo4
AG
I know one of the builders in Anna is offering 2.99% on a thirty year mortgage, giving you washer, dryer, fridge, and like 25,000 back on homes.

The rate on the mortgage sounded damn awesome right now.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Really? Any more info on the builder?
Raptor
AG
GT_Aggie2015 said:

Really? Any more info on the builder?

This!
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

2wealfth Man
AG
I know some folks invested in several land deals out there. Builders are taking down lots at pretty steady clip. Lower interest rates should uptick that activity a tad more.
Objective Aggie
AG
My opinion:
If you are going to live in Anna or Val Alstyne or Celina or Aubrey or wherever, you should have land.

These major high density massive developments throw off everything. The areas NEVER have the infrastructure (roads, schools, etc) to handle the influx of people. And it takes mostly rural areas and completely flips the area overnight.

If I was going to live far away from the city center, you want peace, and no traffic, and land, and nature. Not a water slide and an amenity center.

I know, I know - - you get more house for your money. But pay a but more or buy a bit less and live where its already developed - - Frisco or McKinney or whatever.
culdeus
AG
I suppose sprawl will not stop until Sherman.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
culdeus said:

I suppose sprawl will not stop until Sherman.
Even Sherman is starting to see growth. I live on the west/southwest side of town and our subdivision has two new subdivisions going up right next door and a new one just popped up across the street. There's a new Quick trip and Braums going in on the southside of town across from a new movie theater and there's chatter of a major retail area (possibly another target) over there as well.
tysker
AG
PDEMDHC said:

I know one of the builders in Anna is offering 2.99% on a thirty year mortgage, giving you washer, dryer, fridge, and like 25,000 back on homes.
That level of incentive screams inventory problems and, imo, should be a warning sign for that market
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, in addition to infrastructure headaches, that's the kind of thing where I worry long-term about my neighbors and how it holds up.
Bottlerocket
AG
A lot of these homes are in public improvement districts which means your taxes are significantly higher than other residents in the same city/school. Lots of buyers in these areas don't read the fine print and get pissed when they get their tax bill
Objective Aggie said:

My opinion:
If you are going to live in Anna or Val Alstyne or Celina or Aubrey or wherever, you should have land.

These major high density massive developments throw off everything. The areas NEVER have the infrastructure (roads, schools, etc) to handle the influx of people. And it takes mostly rural areas and completely flips the area overnight.

If I was going to live far away from the city center, you want peace, and no traffic, and land, and nature. Not a water slide and an amenity center.

I know, I know - - you get more house for your money. But pay a but more or buy a bit less and live where its already developed - - Frisco or McKinney or whatever.
Exactly this. FYI if anyone is interested in 3,700 SF home plus stone barn on 16 acres with large oaks, coastal pastures, on sandy soil, and in gated five lot subdivision (all ten acres or more) about 1/4 mile off of paved road....I have one I would like to sell but not going to use a realtor. In Aubrey school district, not in city limits......ag exemption on 15 acres and no city property taxes. It's on the northeast side of Aubrey so about eight minutes to the top of the North Tollway......allows you to avoid the whole 380/1385 traffic mess. Great if your wife and kids are horse folks and you need to commute to your job on the north side of town.

wbt5845
AG
Man, there's no limit to how far white folks will move to avoid minorities, is there?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.