Metroplex
Sponsored by

**** Best route from DFW to BCS ****

3,389 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bert harbinson
jsdaltxag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is the best route from Dallas to College Station?

45-21-6 or 35-6 ?

Bucees in Madisonville is always a good place to stop before or after the game.
3rd Platoon
AG
I usually go 45-21-6 route, but I've also done the 45-14-6 route. The latter is faster if you don't mind driving through the podunks.

Avoid 35-6 from Dallas. Only take 35-6 if you're coming from Fort Worth.
752bro4
AG
OSR
(Almost get run off the road by an approaching dually on a narrow bridge, usually 2 different times...and the only time you'll see anyone on that road is on a rickety ass bridge)
3rd Platoon
AG
I hate the stretch of OSR between 45 and Normangee. It's bumpier than all get out and loaded with slow farm trucks. I've done it twice and regretted it both times.
hatchback
AG
45-14-6
TMfrisco
AG
hatchback said:

45-14-6
This is the shortest mileage-wise and a few minutes shorter than OSR or 21. Don't speed around Wortham, Kosse, or Bremond or Calvert for that matter.
powerbelly
AG
DAL to CLL.
PlanoAg98
AG

DannyDuberstein
AG
752bro4 said:

OSR
(Almost get run off the road by an approaching dually on a narrow bridge, usually 2 different times...and the only time you'll see anyone on that road is on a rickety ass bridge)
Usually this on the way down. Then on the way back, will stay with 21 to hit Buccees to refuel and grab a sandwich/snacks for the rest of the ride home. The podunks on 14 increase the risk of it turning into a speeding ticket trip that isn't worth the time savings.
Jack Bristow
AG
752bro4 said:

OSR
This is my route if going during the day....if it's going to be night/evening, I take 35. I've had too many close calls with "hill-hoppers"/idiots/deer on OSR at night
wangus12
AG
Grew up outside of Hearne.

There is only 45-14-6
Kate Beckett
AG
hatchback said:

45-14-6
When we went down that way a few weeks ago they had major construction between Wortham and Richland. Just a FYI.
DE4D
AG
Spinks to Easterwood -
TheBiggerEvent
AG
If you don't go this way - you're wrong.
GoodAg
AG
IH 45-US 79-SH 6
bert harbinson
AG
752bro4 said:

OSR

Saw a State Trooper on that road Saturday, got to meet him too. That was an expensive football game.
ChoppinDs40
AG
for some reason my googlemaps said there was a road closure on the 45-OSR-39-21-6 route and it moved us to the 79 route.

Got stuck behind a truck (like ALWAYS on the 79 route) and pulled a hot route and turned south on 39. I may have cracked the code - that way seemed pretty damn fast. Speed limit on 39 is 70 and there's no one on that until you hit Normangee for the last little shot down to North Zulch.

14-6 route is showing to be 3 miles shorter than that - no way that way is faster than what I just fell into.

it's also 6 miles shorter than the 45-OSR-39-21-6 route. ALSO, you get to avoid the worse road in texas - OSR.
AgFB
AG
The guy shotgunning in the back
Squirrel Master
AG
I used to be a big proponent of the 79-39 route instead of the OSR-39 route. Reasons I changed and haven't gone back:

1) 39 is fast. Unless you get stuck behind someone slow and opposite traffic is just heavy enough to make passing difficult or if you're stuck behind 5 cars all cool with the slow pace making passing too complicated.

2) With the speed limit on 45 up to 75 (meaning really 80), more time on 45 is advantageous.

3) When I was taking 79, I always saw cops there. Got one ticket on 79.

4) OSR sucks, but you're only on it for 8-9 minutes.

5) If you or a travel companion is the type that needs a restroom stop while on a sub 3 hour drive (my wife), Woody's is a much better place to stop than the s-holes in Buffalo.
bert harbinson
AG
Squirrel Master said:

2) With the speed limit on 45 up to 75 (meaning really 80), more time on 45 is advantageous.

Exactly why I chose OSR this time around, plus there's always slow local traffic on 79 to Jewett. Never seen police on OSR before Saturday, so watch yourselves.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.