Metroplex
Sponsored by

Potential Homeowner: Anyone live around Brentfield/Campbell Green area?

1,990 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiedadofpanda
Bunbury
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any hot opinions/insight about that area? Heard great things about Brentfield elementary, seems like everything about the area is solid, but would appreciate any first-hand thoughts/advice before we go all-in on some house options around there. Thanks!
chick79
AG
I used to live out that way. Solid area and great schools. Personally I'd rather live in Richardson city limits instead of Dallas but I'm nitpicking here.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I don't know anyone who is unhappy over there.
AgLaw
AG
We used to live at Preston and Frankford, which is just north of the Brentfield area. We loved it. It's a great area.
DFWTLR
AG
We looked all around there and bought just south of Arapaho off Hillcrest, we feed into Spring Creek Elem. Only 330 kids, and rated 10/10. Quiet area but seems to be turning over a bit with younger families.

Sister in law and a few friends live in the Bowie Elem area and love it.

A lot of the houses we saw had foundation issues from old cast iron pipes so spend the extra money on a full plumbing test and camera.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Great area, great school, good central location. Let me know if you need any help through the process. I've helped lots of good TexAgs users purchase/sell, and offer a TexAgs rebate...
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Matsui
AG
We just bought a house here in January. Used Cody. We are on middle cove in brentfield zoned elementary.
akaggie05
AG
We're at Hillcrest/Campbell. Our oldest just started first grade at Brentfield. Happy to answer any questions. alexkjohnson at gmail
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Matsui said:

We just bought a house here in January. Used Cody. We are on middle cove in brentfield zoned elementary.
Great seeing you on the boards!!!!

Gig'em!

Cody
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Matsui
AG
Email me Mattgid at yahoo I'll answer any question you may have.
culdeus
AG
It's a great area but houses sell fast and sometimes not even hit MLS. Similar to PCE area, but houses there that sell on MLS end up in a dumpster usually and the ones that last more than a week have issues .
akaggie05
AG
It's crazy what prices have done here lately. I bought in late 2006 and have watched average list prices triple since then. Big difference is when I bought, the neighborhood was mostly all original owners from the 70s. Huge turnover happening now with lots of younger families moving in and flipping going on.
aggiedadofpanda
AG
We also live in the neighborhood, off of Campbell between Hillcrest and Meandering Way. We love the neighborhood but to echo others opinions, it has gotten really competitive when houses go on the market and most folks who have moved into the neighborhood in the past year or so bought their house before it even went on the market. Either that or they bought a flipped house for $230-$240 a sq ft.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.