Metroplex
Sponsored by

Knox/Uptown/West Village/Lower Greenville - game watching bars

2,714 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ervin Burrell
MarkItZero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I just downsized and moved from the 'burbs closer to downtown Dallas. Since the season opener is a week away, I thought I'd see if there any recommendations on good sports bars in this area where Ags get together to watch games.
BrianDemarais
AG
The Dallas A&M Club's watch parties are always well attended and a lot of fun. I believe they are at Clutch in Uptown. Stan's Blue Note on Lower Greenville typically has a good amount of Aggies in attendance for games. Henderson Tap House on Henderson has great pizza and beer specials as well as a good game watch bar...But, it is the official OU watch bar so it's a no go if their game starts around the same time. Nodding Donkey in Uptown is solid. I have yet to go but am going to try Hero in Victory with a group of Ags next Thursday for our opener.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Just make sure OU isn't playing at the same time as A&M if you want to go to Henderson's. I didn't know when I moved up here I was moving into OU country.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I think Stan's might be an LSU bar also. Not sure.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Correction, Florida Gators, but that was as of 2016
Squirrel Master
AG
Christies in uptown is good and not an official watch bar for any school. There will generally just be decent crowds for whatever the best games are. Nodding Donkey is good, but will be crowded for KU and sometimes MU games.
powerbelly
AG
The Dallas A&M club always manages to pick the worst bar for watching sports.

If it is at Clutch this year then the streak continues. Pick any other bar and you will be better off.
GarlandAg2012
AG
powerbelly said:

If it is at Clutch this year then the streak continues. Pick any other bar and you will be better off.
This topic has been rehashed many times on this board. I agree the choices are disappointing but I think there's more to the story and I can't judge cause I've never gotten involved and tried to do better.
powerbelly
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

powerbelly said:

This topic has been rehashed many times on this board. I agree the choices are disappointing but I think there's more to the story and I can't judge cause I've never gotten involved and tried to do better.
At this point, I really don't care, but if someone is asking for recommendations they should at least get a warning about Clutch.
GarlandAg2012
AG
powerbelly said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

powerbelly said:

At this point, I really don't care, but if someone is asking for recommendations they should at least get a warning about Clutch.
Fair enough. I've never been there but I find it hard to imagine it's that bad during the watch parties. How do they ****** up a football game?
powerbelly
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

powerbelly said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

powerbelly said:

Fair enough. I've never been there but I find it hard to imagine it's that bad during the watch parties. How do they ****** up a football game?
It is a club first so their tv set up and food suck.
GarlandAg2012
AG
powerbelly said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

powerbelly said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

powerbelly said:

The photos they have on Google make it look like there are a good number of TVs. That's disappointing. It's also got 1.5 stars on yelp, not a good sign at all.
powerbelly
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

powerbelly said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

powerbelly said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

powerbelly said:

The photos they have on Google make it look like there are a good number of TVs. That's disappointing. It's also got 1.5 stars on yelp, not a good sign at all.
It also isn't a great place for Aggies to be associated with... They have a reputation for pretty disgusting behavior from their bouncers.
DallasAggie0
Clutch has the best setup for game watching I have seen in DFW. A lot of TVs, plenty of seating, plenty of standing room, lots of bar space, and a bathroom with a ton of urinals.
mAgnoliAg
AG
DallasAggie0 said:

Clutch has the best setup for game watching I have seen in DFW. A lot of TVs, plenty of seating, plenty of standing room, lots of bar space, and a bathroom with a ton of urinals.

Lol
TexasAggie008
AG
Tech gets High Fives

Ole Miss gets BBC

OU gets Henderson Tap

This must be a case of the "Aggie network" going wrong....the club leadership is somehow in the back pocket of whatever toolbag owns / manages Clutch and CC and the end result is having game watches in a usually-would-be-empty-during the day club.

At least Eberhard was put out of its misery
GarlandAg2012
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Tech gets High Fives

Ole Miss gets BBC

OU gets Henderson Tap

This must be a case of the "Aggie network" going wrong....the club leadership is somehow in the back pocket of whatever toolbag owns / manages Clutch and CC and the end result is having game watches in a usually-would-be-empty-during the day club.

True, when you compare to other game watch places from schools with lesser populations it's a head scratcher.
Kanyes psychiatrist
Clutch paid the ridiculous "fee(s)" to host. No parking, a nightclub with a terrible reputation, they care way more about the DJ and club than the fourth quarter of any sporting event. Very strange selection. Definitely cronyism involved considering the bars that they spoke to were way more appropriate
powerbelly
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Tech gets High Fives

Ole Miss gets BBC

OU gets Henderson Tap

Clutch is owned by an Aggie. I assume the club is getting a good deal to stick us there every year.
MarkItZero
AG
Shout out goes to BrianDemarais for the Stan's Blue Note recommendation. That was exactly what we were looking for in a game watching bar.

There was a good mix of young and old, lot's of Ags showed up, plenty of places to sit and a great beer selection. Nothing pretentious.

BTHOC!
BrianDemarais
AG
Glad you had a good time!
aBouncedCzech
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Tech gets High Fives

Ole Miss gets BBC

OU gets Henderson Tap

Oh, Eberhard is coming back, with another bar on top of it!

I don't know why the Dallas A&M Club always finds the worst places for game watching parties. Remember when it was at Knox Street Pub? That was a good bar, and they had those syringe jello shots.

Also, Stan's always had a bunch of Aggie games playing, and they'd put it on the big projection screen behind the bar.
aBouncedCzech
AG
MarkItZero said:

Shout out goes to BrianDemarais for the Stan's Blue Note recommendation. That was exactly what we were looking for in a game watching bar.

There was a good mix of young and old, lot's of Ags showed up, plenty of places to sit and a great beer selection. Nothing pretentious.

BTHOC!
We used to play 42 at Stan's every Wednesday...what a great place. The chicken tender BLT was LEGIT. Good queso too
Ervin Burrell
AG
Stan's is a de facto Aggie watching bar...for those that hate Clutch, just go there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.