Metroplex
Sponsored by

Where is the Dallas Chief of Police?

17,522 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bcasey03
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Anyone been following this story? I've seen a few articles about the absence of Chief Hall since earlier this year, and the whole thing seems odd. Supposedly she's out for a major medical procedure, but no one knows for how long or where she is or what procedure was done. I don't get why they don't just come out and say "She had X procedure done and is expected back in X months." Not saying anything raises suspicions and causes rumors to start. I'm assuming that she is out of town, otherwise someone would have seen her, right? Just an odd story all around.
powerbelly
AG
Her tenure has been a complete failure, and this is just the icing on top. It is time for her to step down.
walton91
HIPAA. Disclosing someone's specific medical procedure or medical condition without their consent is against the law, so they absolutely can't say anything like that. I believe they could have set a timeline expectation of x number of months, which would have helped. However, if she's dealing with something like depression or pills like the former AD, it may not even have a good timeline
InternetFan02
AG
the commissioner?
'03ag
That wasn't the question
Quinn
AG
walton91 said:

HIPAA. Disclosing someone's specific medical procedure or medical condition without their consent is against the law, so they absolutely can't say anything like that. I believe they could have set a timeline expectation of x number of months, which would have helped. However, if she's dealing with something like depression or pills like the former AD, it may not even have a good timeline
Right, without her permission, which they could have and should have gotten. If you are a major public leader, you shouldn't be able to disappear for months on end without informing the public of the reason why.
powerbelly
AG
Quinn said:

walton91 said:

Right, without her permission, which they could have and should have gotten. If you are a major public leader, you shouldn't be able to disappear for months on end without informing the public of the reason why.
Especially with all the problems the department is having.
Tree Hugger
AG
Do you think she likes this gig?
wbt5845
AG
Quinn said:

walton91 said:

Yeah, if you want to maintain your privacy, stay an asst. chief - or be an aerospace engineer - or work at McDonalds.

Yeah, the city Manager is bound by your wishes - but YOU should be more public. When you take such a high profile job, you owe it to the public to be a little more forthcoming.
aggie_wes
AG
The #1 cop
walton91
Quinn said:

walton91 said:

I'm not defending her, for sure, but there are legitimate reasons why the city can't just announce why she's gone or where she is. At the very least she should have put out a press release before her leave, announcing it to the public rather than just disappear. I think at this point the writing is on the wall. It would be nearly impossible for her to return and lead the department in any effective manner now. I would think there's a pretty good chance the next time we hear from her its in the form of a resignation.
aggielostinETX
AG
I liked her personally but she is done.
Quinn
AG
Deats said:

The aliens aren't bringing her back?
aggielostinETX
AG
Quinn said:

Deats said:

done, not gone
Quinn
AG
In all seriousness, I do hope that she is recovering well if there was a serious medical issue (which it sounds like); this was just handled terribly. All she had to do was tweet or facebook or instagram some message saying "Hey y'all, I am taking leave for a few months to deal with a personal medical issue. I'll be back and stronger than ever to serve the city of Dallas!"
Quinn
AG
Deats said:

Quinn said:

Deats said:

done, not gone
Hmm, you did say "liked" - does that mean she's already dead??
ftworthag02
AG
maybe I didn't understand the question
Ol Jock 99
AG
Following
Quinn
AG
I figured you would have the inside scoop. What does your buddy Adam think about this?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quinn said:

I figured you would have the inside scoop. What does your buddy Adam think about this?

The Dept Mayor Pro Tem is staying very tight lipped and I don't blame him.

I may have some more detail from another avenue next week, but then again, might not.
Old Tom Morris
Based on the dumbass stuff she's said, maybe she's out for a brain transplant.
YouBet
AG
Our city is such a clown show. We've had the DA disappear a few years ago and now the Chief of Police.
aggielostinETX
AG
YouBet said:

Our city is such a clown show. We've had the DA disappear a few years ago and now the Chief of Police.
And the new DA refuses to prosecute crimes...
YouBet
AG
Deats said:

YouBet said:

Yep, we are most likely gone within 5 years.
BleacherRat
YouBet said:

Deats said:

YouBet said:

Yep, we are most likely gone within 5 years.
I'm just now weighing in here, but I think the new Chief of Police is off getting her eyelashes curled even more. Wasn't there a mayor of Dallas once that didn't care about hosting the Cowboys any longer? How did that work out? Maybe it was the Rangers?
Gig 'em!
Stive
AG
ftworthag02 said:

maybe I didn't understand the question

Um......I mean...
Quinn
AG
https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2019/08/disd-trustee-son-shot-killed-dallas/
Ol Jock 99
AG
9 year old girl killed Weds in a feud over rapper cred.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Semi-related:
Exchange Club this morning: Texas DPS Regional Director Jeff Williams discussed the State Trooper surge in Dallas. In 2 months, they've made nearly 13k traffic stops, with 93% receiving warnings when tickets could be issued. Nearly 1000 arrests (more arrests than tickets), for everything from pot to murder.

He also noted that they have arrested the same gentleman 3 times for guns/drugs and our "system" (aka Dallas County DA) has him right back on the street.
aggielostinETX
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Semi-related:
Exchange Club this morning: Texas DPS Regional Director Jeff Williams discussed the State Trooper surge in Dallas. In 2 months, they've made nearly 13k traffic stops, with 93% receiving warnings when tickets could be issued. Nearly 1000 arrests (more arrests than tickets), for everything from pot to murder.

He also noted that they have arrested the same gentleman 3 times for guns/drugs and our "system" (aka Dallas County DA) has him right back on the street.

I was about to text you. I still need a text with the don't share in public info.
Quinn
AG
State Troppers came to Dallas because of the shortage of police officers, yes?
Robert C. Christian
AG
So 1/13 stops result in an arrest? Which is also a higher rate than tickets? Very interesting.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

So 1/13 stops result in an arrest? Which is also a higher rate than tickets? Very interesting.

"We're not here to issue tickets, especially in communities that can ill afford one. We're here to help address the spike in crime." (Loose quote)
JBLHAG03
AG
Happily left Lake Highlands for "the burbs." Can see Lake Ray Hubbard from the back porch, can leave my garage door open without things getting stolen, and I know where my police chief is.
aggielostinETX
AG
And you have to drive on 30 if you want a real meal.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.