Metroplex
Sponsored by

Wings N More

3,932 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WGann3
Raptor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There used to be one in near Hurst or Euless, and then it inexplicably shut down.

Why?

And why are there no more up here?

There's a Layne's...
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Quinn
AG
Raptor said:

There used to be one in near Hurst or Euless, and then it inexplicably shut down.

Why?

There's a Layne's...

That one was in Colleyville and it shut down probably close to 12 years ago. Just didn't do a ton of business (besides me and my buddies in HS).
agchino
AG
It was in a bad spot in Colleyville as well. The building it was in seems to reopen every 9 months as a new restaurant and then shut down 6 months later.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Quinn said:

Raptor said:

Why?

There's a Layne's...

That one was in Colleyville and it shut down probably close to 12 years ago. Just didn't do a ton of business (besides me and my buddies in HS).
And me.

It was just dead in there. They surprised the staff one night at closing and said they wouldn't re-open in the morning.
Know Your Enemy
AG
agchino said:

It was in a bad spot in Colleyville as well. The building it was in seems to reopen every 9 months as a new restaurant and then shut down 6 months later.
It's been Rio Mambo for many years. Actually, that's the only restaurant that's been there since WnM closed. Now the spot next to it, now The Londoner, that has changed over and over.
agchino
AG
My bad, I was thinking of the one just north of there next to Hacienda Ranch, it's been Gators and a number of other things that didn't pan out.
double aught
AG
Never did get the hype over that place in college. It was fine, but that was about it.
hph6203
AG
Kids from towns even smaller than College Station start looking at all the different food options and decide they're better than they are, because they're better than what they've had. Hype cycles.
Stive
AG
double aught said:

Never did get the hype over that place in college. It was fine, but that was about it.

This
WGann3
AG
Man I would kill for a wing and tendy combo right now.
AgFB
AG
We go every time we are in town. Cheap food and beer and the combo with the honey mustard. SOLID.
Quinn
AG
It's good, inexpensive, dependable bar food. What's not to love?
SoCalAg97
AG
double aught said:

respectfully disagree!
'03ag
SoCalAg97 said:

double aught said:

respectfully disagree!
I never had wings until I moved to college station and had Wings n More. Still havent found a place I like as much.

Duff's comes the closest, which makes since because I'm pretty sure Wings n More tries to copy them. But Wings n More has better ranch and fries.

Wing n Rib Sampler. Hot garlic parmesan extra crispy extra wet. Double fries.
Old Tom Morris
Quote:

Wing n Rib Sampler
Raptor
AG
WGann3 said:

My god man, why would you mention this knowing I have no access to it???
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

WGann3
AG
Raptor said:

WGann3 said:

Gotta start getting you down in the dumps for the weekly game write ups.
'03ag
Raptor said:

WGann3 said:

Load up the minivan and make a day trip. 100% chance we do the same in the next few weeks. Eat Wings and buy some Aggie gear.
Ag CPA
AG
'03ag said:

SoCalAg97 said:

double aught said:

respectfully disagree!
I never had wings until I moved to college station and had Wings n More. Still havent found a place I like as much.

Duff's comes the closest, which makes since because I'm pretty sure Wings n More tries to copy them. But Wings n More has better ranch and fries.

Wing n Rib Sampler. Hot garlic parmesan extra crispy extra wet. Double fries.
Duff's is the schiznit, love the fries with gravy.

And for the record Wings & More was/is spare, that's the primary reason they couldn't survive outside of BCS where they have an aura around them for some reason.
hbc07
AG
Random story. Class of '07 and was in the Corps... sometime my zip year, someone slid a card under my door that was addressed from "L Sully Ross" and inside of it was a $25 wings n more gift card. I still have the gift card sitting around for the memory.

I still have no idea who actually gave me that card.
redass1876
AG
Those in DFW looking for awesome wings, check out Wing Bucket. Few locations

Do love me some wings n more though
WGann3
AG
I've been to the new one on 380 in McKinney multiple times already, really enjoyed the food. Got about 30 more flavors I want to try.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.