Metroplex
Sponsored by

Street Tacos

4,770 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Pilot
BoomGoesThe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have been a fan of my neighborhood place in east Dallas, Tacos La Banqueta, but tried out a place today that I thought was better, Taqueria Taxco. It was at a Chevron next next to the Home Depot on Garland Rd.

Apparently they have 10 or so locations around the metroplex.

I searched for the thread that was done on this a year or two ago, but couldn't find it.
Duncan Idaho
Ain't a street taco if it doesn't have cat
Spaceship
AG
BoomGoesThe said:

I have been a fan of my neighborhood place in east Dallas, Tacos La Banqueta, but tried out a place today that I thought was better, Taqueria Taxco. It was at a Chevron next next to the Home Depot on Garland Rd.

Apparently they have 10 or so locations around the metroplex.

I searched for the thread that was done on this a year or two ago, but couldn't find it.

That place has great tacos and is a high target for crime.
chick79
AG
There's a taqueria near my home inside the Exxon station at Campbell and Jupiter in Richardson/Garland that are about the best I've ever had. Also try OMG Tacos in Richardson. Excellent!!
ftworthag02
AG
+1 la banqueta (fw)
MW03
AG
If you're brave enough, few things are better at 2:30am than Fuel City tacos downtown. Just know it's about 50/50 you're going to end up giving a statement to police after you eat your barbacoa.
TresPuertas
AG
chick79 said:

There's a taqueria near my home inside the Exxon station at Campbell and Jupiter in Richardson/Garland that are about the best I've ever had. Also try OMG Tacos in Richardson. Excellent!!

Interesting. I live about 2 minutes from this and drive by and have always been a little reluctant to try it.

Also, the Alambre at Tacos La Banqueta may be a top 5 food item in the state. It's almost perfect
Phat32
AG
Great for going to/from Stevens or Bishop Arts
mncag
El si hay on davis, for inside go trompo on singletons. El atoron on Columbia is great too
Van Buren Boy
AG
chick79 said:

Garcia's in the Exxon is great. OMG has been terrible the only two times tried it. Worse than taco cabana bad.
dcbowers
AG
Because of this thread, I went to Tacos La Banqueta on North Carroll in East Dallas today.

I tried the saudero, pastor and chorizo tacos. All were excellent.
dcbowers
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chick79
AG
You're probably thinking of the old location for OMG. The new location at 75 and Spring Valley is great.
YouBet
AG
I think I will strike out here but are there any places like this in North Dallas? I'm defining North Dallas as Forest / Midway area for my selfish purposes.
fooz
Tacos Los Chanos in East Mckinney near the airport.
powerbelly
AG
Does anyone have a good recommendation for al pastor?
BrianDemarais
AG
We were big fans of Tacos La Banqueta in East Dallas, probably had it once a week for the last year. Unfortunately, they completely changed ownership and management in the last month or so and it's gone way downhill. They've been really rude and messed our order three times in a row
BoomGoesThe
The one off of Gaston or Carroll? I go to the one near my house off Gaston (although I haven't been in about a month), and the service has always been rude.
BrianDemarais
AG
Off of Gaston-My wife speaks pretty decent Spanish, so she's always done the ordering which might have helped with them being friendly before the management change. The being rude I'll deal with if the food is still good, but it's been noticeably worse and it's not even the correct order
Comeby!
AG
There's one in East Plano north of GB off of Park I think that says La Banqueta Puro DF. Not sure if the same or not. Funny name though.
fooz
Comeby! said:

There's one in East Plano north of GB off of Park I think that says La Banqueta Puro DF. Not sure if the same or not. Funny name though.
Parker and Ave K. Good stuff.
double aught
AG
Tacos y Mas
Comeby!
AG
#trash. That stuff is a step above Taco Bell.
fooz
double aught said:

Tacos y Mas
overrated
double aught
AG
Comeby! said:

#trash. That stuff is a step above Taco Bell.
The one by my house is quality. Ingredients are always fresh, and everything I've tried there has been good.
Comeby!
AG
You probably live in the 'burbs. There are no good taquerias near my house. lol.
500,000ags
AG
Mario Bros Tacos in east Dallas.

You're all welcome.
AG
500,000ags said:

Mario Bros Tacos in east Dallas.

You're all welcome.

+1

I thought I teleported to mexico as I was walking through the kitchen to get to the dining room
YouBet
AG
Slight derail but the best fajitas I've ever had (and it's not even close) were purchased at one of the little Mexican markets in East Dallas. Can't remember which one but it was in the Munger area southeast of Columbia/Abrams Road.

Entire open tortilla factory in the middle of the store and we bought pre-seasoned and marinated chicken fajitas in back at meat counter. Good god almighty they were good.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
YouBet said:

Slight derail but the best fajitas I've ever had (and it's not even close) were purchased at one of the little Mexican markets in East Dallas. Can't remember which one but it was in the Munger area southeast of Columbia/Abrams Road.

Entire open tortilla factory in the middle of the store and we bought pre-seasoned and marinated chicken fajitas in back at meat counter. Good god almighty they were good.
Is it this one? If not, you should check it out. Damn best Mexican sweet bread also.

Super Mercado Mexico
https://goo.gl/maps/LBzkBsyRMDgZyBK37
The Pilot
AG
Their tortillas are good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.