Metroplex
Sponsored by

Veterans organizations in DFW

1,285 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jograki
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know of veterans organizations in Dallas that could use some volunteers ?
Hincemm
AG
Anywhere specifically? I'm an American Legion member and think highly of their mission.
aezmvp
USO @ DFW usually could use help.
wareagle044
Hincemm said:

Anywhere specifically? I'm an American Legion member and think highly of their mission.

Nothing specifically - USO, VA anyone with experience volunteering with any group in the area. My brother is looking to get involved with something and would like to know how
jograki
AG
Are you looking for something made up of veterans or supporting veterans? Here is an example of each that I like:

"The Mission Continues" has a Dallas platoon which consists of veterans who want to
give back to the community. My company is a corporate sponsor so we partner up periodically on their service projects, the most recent one being a school revitalization, and one later this month to clean up and help work on horse stables at Equest that are used for equine therapy.

Another that I volunteer regularly with is "Allies in Service" who supports veterans hiring, this is great if the volunteer has hiring experience. Volunteers are needed for editing resumes or giving mock interviews. This is especially helpful to break down the military lingo and translate it to corporate speak.
wareagle044
Volunteering with the mission continues this weekend - awesome suggestion ! Thank you!
jograki
AG
Awesome! If it's at Equest then I'll be there too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.