Metroplex
Sponsored by

Termites - recommendations needed - Plano

1,603 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LacyMilaniRealtor
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw signs of termites in Home.

Any recommendations? Going to have our pest guy come out and maybe Terminix. Would like one or two options out by Tuesday so we can get started on the issue ASAP.

Thanks!!!

Absolute
AG
Your pest guy should be able to handle it, I would think.

Spot treat as needed and move on.
planoaggie123
AG
Thanks! We have a relatively new Pest Guy (local, independent) and the wife is a little concerned about his abilities. When he took over our account after our previous guy retired, she had her doubts and now we have this so she is on edge.

We are having Terminix and Orkin come by today to look.

Semi good news is it appears to be carpenter ants and not termites. We still need to figure out how long they have been there (don't imagine long as the spot i found it i frequently look at and would see) and how much damage they maybe caused behind the walls....
wbt5845
AG
I was gonna say - termites typically swarm in April time frame. And when you have termites - you KNOW you have termites!
planoaggie123
AG
100% on carpenter ants as confirmed by visual and both Orkin and Terminix.

Now we have to decide which of the two to go with.

We are leaning Terminix based on pricing and slightly better reviews but what we like about Orkin is they do every 2 month treatment vs quarterly...total annual cost difference is only $100 more for Orkin....

Its hard with these b/c they are so dependent on the specific Technician and you just have to hope you get a good one...
BosAG06
AG
Incase you want to same some $ and DIY, I fixed our carpenter ant issue with one dose of Taurus SC around all the areas I was seeing them. $45 for a bottle that will probably last me a lifetime.
LacyMilaniRealtor
AG
We use All-Safe Pest control for our clients and ourselves. They treat carpenter ants and termites! And are safe for babies and pets, as long as you give it some drying time.

#1 team champions dfw commercial realty with over 30 years combined experience in the metroplex
https://www.Championsdfw.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.