Metroplex
Sponsored by

Fair Park Station Dart Rail Station

3,702 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by gig em 02
PlanoAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does the DART rail not stop at Fair Park Station on weekdays? My cousin and friends who are staying with me in Plano are going to a concert at Dos Equis Pavilion @ Fair Park. I was going to recommend them to take the DART rail but I have not done it in ages.

Weekday Parker to Westmoreland
https://www.dart.org/schedules/w600so.pdf

Weekday Westmoreland to Parker
https://www.dart.org/schedules/w600no.pdf
hatchback
AG
Only the green line runs to Fair Park. They'll need to take the red line to Pearl/Arts District and transfer to the green line.
double aught
AG
That would be a fairly long commute. Plus the station is on the opposite side of fair park from the amphitheatre. But it's cheap (or free) and beats driving under the influence.
walton91
It is on the opposite side of the park from the amphitheater but its across the street from 8 Bells Alehouse and Craft and Growler for pre/post show drinks and eats
dave94
AG
And you can usually walk through the Park to get to the cotton bowl, Dos Equis, etc. It's interesting to see it when the State Fair isn't going on.
752bro4
AG
Fair Park DART Line afterhours sounds pretty stabby.
double aught
AG
It's not, surprisingly. Like Walton said, it's across the street from a legit commercial area.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
From my DART rail experience (worked downtown for about 3 years and took the blue line from Rowlett every day), you'll be fine if there is an event going on around there. It will be the late night ride back out of the city that will be sketchy.
752bro4
AG
752bro4 said:

Man stabbed to death at 3:30am at downtown DART Station Wednesday morning
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
Just drive. Parking is free at Dos Equis.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
752bro4 said:

752bro4 said:

Man stabbed to death at 3:30am at downtown DART Station Wednesday morning

I always tell folks - DART during business hours is great. Before/after business hours - shady.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Shady and slow. The rail is great to avoid rush hour traffic (or at least being able to do other things vs. sitting behind the wheel of a car in it), but off hours, it means turning a 30-35 minute trip home to Plano into over an hour on the train (not counting the walk to it), then you still probably have another 10-15 minutes to drive from the station to home. Longer if you get stabbed and have to stop at Presby Dallas along the way.
gig em 02
double aught said:

It's not, surprisingly. Like Walton said, it's across the street from a legit commercial area.

Yup and there is usually a late night car meet at the car wash a block down the road, don't forget your plate carrier!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.