Metroplex
Sponsored by

Mosquito Treatments

3,584 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
SuzyQ06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who/what is everyone using for mosquito issues? We have a ton in our yard and want them gone.
FincAg
AG
Mosquito Joes
Post removed:
by user
aglaohfour
AG
We use Entex and it has helped noticeably, but I think it would be even more effective if we could get our neighbors on board too.

Between that and burning citronella candles whenever we go out, and using one of those blue zapper lanterns, it's bearable to be outside.
Miss New Jersey
Agoodlittleag04 said:

We use Entex and it has helped noticeably, but I think it would be even more effective if we could get our neighbors on board too.

Between that and burning citronella candles whenever we go out, and using one of those blue zapper lanterns, it's bearable to be outside.

We use Entex too. Just one of their treatments makes all the difference in the world.
Bottlerocket
AG
It's probably too late in the season for you to get on the spartan program but you might try. Next year have them on hand and set a reminder to put them out in April. That's what we did this year and normally our yard is unlivable. Even my wife and I remarked yesterday how we had seen maybe two mosquitoes all season
I spray my yard every month April through September with Sentry Home Gaurd concentrate I buy on Amazon. Originally got it for ticks and fleas but it does wonder on mosquitos too. We have no fleas and much reduced mosquitos compared to our neighbors.
jsb529
AG
DynaTrap
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I had a mosquito misting system put in. Was a couple grand but I can sit outside in peace now.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I had high hopes, but Spartan did nothing for me.
culdeus
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I had a mosquito misting system put in. Was a couple grand but I can sit outside in peace now.

What spray you put in it?
proc
AG
Trying Thermacell based on this thread, so far I am impressed.

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3040634
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I used mosquito nix. They service it, it's a chrysanthemum based solution I believe. It's very effective.
culdeus
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I used mosquito nix. They service it, it's a chrysanthemum based solution I believe. It's very effective.

Issue I have is tigers seem to eventually win over the stuff I have used. I think nix uses pyrannah if I remember what someone on the OB said right. Most services use riptide or pyrannah.

OKC~Ag
OKC~Ag
Nothing works...they regenerate like crazy after rain or if you have shi** neighbor like me who inadvertently turn the pool to green....there goes your deterrent...
culdeus
AG
So I have the trifecta going. Spartan, dynatrap, and riptide in my sprayer. Dyan was new and Spartan has been in since March and replaced.

About a week in and things are 95% better.
craig09
AG
Riptide is excellent in a misting system. Or you can get any of Bifenthrin products and spray. Get a bottle of Crosscheck at your local SiteOne and you've got an excellent all purpose insecticide.
culdeus
AG
OKC~Ag said:

Nothing works...they regenerate like crazy after rain or if you have shi** neighbor like me who inadvertently turn the pool to green....there goes your deterrent...

Heard that pools aren't nearly the issue that flower pots are. Not sure if true at all though. I treat seeking out standing water like it's my job
YouBet
AG
I just saw an infomercial for Dynatrap. Those actually work?
Absolute
AG
YouBet said:

I just saw an infomercial for Dynatrap. Those actually work?

Curious as well.

Put spartans out on schedule I think they help. Numbers are low, but not zero. Need to supplement.
kubiak03
AG
I have a Dynatrap. I've looked through the bugs that get caught and find very little mosquitos.

I did Spartan last year early summer and was not impressed. Tried them on last time this year and started early on and it is definitely better. I've also doubled up mid point of the first batch life.

YouBet
AG
I bought the Dynatrap that is on the stand and put it out yesterday. It had the best reviews. Will see what happens.
culdeus
AG
I put an octenol bait in my dynatrap. I'll take a photo later of my weeks catch.
culdeus
AG
The bait was covered in nymph mosquitoes. A ****ing hornet I didn't see got sucked in there and sent me screaming like a girl but the bait is absolutely working.
culdeus
AG
Nosquito Mosquito Octenol Replacement Lures - Kaz Stinger Insect Killer Lures - 3 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M27D9OE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7WjiDbFKT11FN
94chem
I'm a chemist, and I use Bifen in a pump up sprayer. Treat about monthly, but you may not need it as often in Fort Worth. I'm in Houston where it rains more. Bifen can be purchased on Amazon. I buy the more concentrated XTS. It is also a good all-purpose insecticide, so I use it for barriers, garage, etc. It also is very good for saturating the top of fire ant mounds.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.